JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The BiMart store in Sandy had some primers yesterday. Dunno about today. They sold me a brick of 1000 Remington 9&1/2 Large Rifle Magnum primers. By a few hours later, they were selling individual boxes of 100, with a limit of 2 boxes, I was told.

Cost was an amazing $24.90/1000!!!! I was expecting to need to club my firstborn on the head, yank a kidney out, and sell it on eBay to cover the cost. I walked out of there with a pound of Titegroup (for my .45 Auto) and the primers for $52. The sporting goods guy pulled the brick out of its cardboard shipping box and handed it to me, not knowing the price. After I paid for it and thought about it for a few seconds, I almost felt like I should've ran outta there like I'd stolen them……….

So for anyone still looking, CCI 400 & 500 have been spotted at bimart in Oregon City, $8 per sleeve. Limited stock available.

So here's an update and take this with a rather large grain of salt, I know I am.
I've recently been informed that the Bimart stores should be getting more primers and powders in stock more regularly here soon. Don't know the time frame but from what they said it sounds like they are talking about within 2to3 months or maybe less. But im not holding my breath.

:s0113:

Portman's on SE 82nd has quite a few powders. And some 8#ers. Quite a few small pistol primers, including, Mag SPP! As far as Bimart goes, I think they still get their loading stuff from that flakey distributor they've always been with. There is just no reason on earth that primers have been trickling to other stores for some time now, and Bimart has NONE. For MONTHS! It was the same way at Bimart after Sandy Hook. Other stores, and on-line, had a bunch of stuff. Bimart still had none.

The BiMart store in Sandy had some primers yesterday. Dunno about today. They sold me a brick of 1000 Remington 9&1/2 Large Rifle Magnum primers. By a few hours later, they were selling individual boxes of 100, with a limit of 2 boxes, I was told.

Cost was an amazing $24.90/1000!!!! I was expecting to need to club my firstborn on the head, yank a kidney out, and sell it on eBay to cover the cost. I walked out of there with a pound of Titegroup (for my .45 Auto) and the primers for $52. The sporting goods guy pulled the brick out of its cardboard shipping box and handed it to me, not knowing the price. After I paid for it and thought about it for a few seconds, I almost felt like I should've ran outta there like I'd stolen them……….
I think here's a conspiracy at foot here? They don't want the city folk to have loading supplies? I wouldn't put it past 'em!

Mike's,
I was told by a BiMart employee that they have a new distributor that's mucho easier to work with now.
New? I wonder how new? Because I go into our Bimart most every Tuesday, NE 122nd/Halsey, and they haven't seen primers in many months. They, just in the last 6 months +/-, started having powder "trickle" in. The outfit they were using was called something like "Big Bear" something or other. Long story I won't go into, I contacted Winchester powders and Bimart's supplier back in maybe 2014? that supplier seemed like a waste.

Damn, you got really lucky with that. Bet that price has changed already.

New? I wonder how new? Because I go into our Bimart most every Tuesday, NE 122nd/Halsey, and they haven't seen primers in many months. They, just in the last 6 months +/-, started having powder "trickle" in. The outfit they were using was called something like "Big Bear" something or other. Long story I won't go into, I contacted Winchester powders and Bimart's supplier back in maybe 2014? that supplier seemed like a waste.
Big Rock Sports is bimarts and Fisherman's supplier, they have been slow to resupply. From some of the folks I know there, they were having issues getting supplies as well. They were getting passed over for the big corporations.

Last Edited:
I think here's a conspiracy at foot here? They don't want the city folk to have loading supplies? I
A conspiracy against making money?

After I retired from real work over 15 years ago, I had a kinda small business that I ran. I may have my own prejudices, but my first rule of business was that everyone's money was good. It didn't matter to me what color they were, what country they came from, what their politics were, their money was all good from one to the next. A very sound business principle.

Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan is finding that out right now. He recently discovered that some of his people in regional offices were discriminating against right wing religious groups. They are now getting a serious talking to.

A conspiracy against making money?

After I retired from real work over 15 years ago, I had a kinda small business that I ran. I may have my own prejudices, but my first rule of business was that everyone's money was good. It didn't matter to me what color they were, what country they came from, what their politics were, their money was all good from one to the next. A very sound business principle.

Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan is finding that out right now. He recently discovered that some of his people in regional offices were discriminating against right wing religious groups. They are now getting a serious talking to.
Oh I agree with you. "Customer is King"! But I'm talking the formerly great city of Portland. The potland democrats have a view of what they want the city to be. I wouldn't put anything past them. They are STILL actively trying to increase taxes and fees on already struggling businesses.

Oh I agree with you. "Customer is King"! But I'm talking the formerly great city of Portland. The potland democrats have a view of what they want the city to be. I wouldn't put anything past them. They are STILL actively trying to increase taxes and fees on already struggling businesses.
I don't believe city or state governments have routine control over FFL ordering, aside from making bogus laws.

ie: if its legal, it can be ordered. No permission slips to city gov required...

What "they" (.gov) can wish for is another story.

Don't feel bad. A couple years ago I had been looking for some limited production Hornady hunting bullets. I walked into the Vancouver Sportsmans one day, and they had three boxes. I could buy two, so I picked them up and paid for them. As I walked out the door, I thought that was a pretty inexpensive transaction. Looked at the receipt, they only charged me $15 apiece for them. I dropped them off in the truck and walked right back in for the last box. Again, $15.00. A total 0f $45.00 for 300 nice hunting bullets. Nearly thirty years ago, I walked into a Coast to Coast in Montana and saw some American Eagle 22LR, thought I'd buy some. They were mismarked at .99 cents a brick. I got ten bricks. It doesn't happen often, but enjoy those unexpected blowout sales when they come along.

Last Edited:
Farnsworth.png

Large Rifle Primers and Large Pistol are back in stock at multiple retailers and locations.

Went to cabelas and they had small pistol primers and small rifle CCI and large pistol Remington. Didn't buy even though I need large pistol, mixed reviews on Remington. Will wait for CCI.

View attachment 1424945

Large Rifle Primers and Large Pistol are back in stock at multiple retailers and locations.
Still not seeing any large rifle primers locally, but was happy to grab 300 Fiocchi small pistol primers for less than $18 including tax at local SW. Wondering if we will ever see large rifle primers on the shelf for less than $6 per hundred.

I did. $25/1000 a few days ago from my local BiMart. See my post above. But within a few hours, I was told they were up to $8/100 at another BiMart store.
I just checked on Ammoseek.com, and one place advertised large rifle primers for $24 and $26 per hundred! (Not including shipping and hazmat). That is literally what a brick of 1,000 cost in 2019! And double what I overpaid for the last brick of CCI-200's I ordered from Powder Valley a year or so ago. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top