JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A 5 brick limit isn't bad, most I've seen still limit to 1.
I was slow on the draw today and missed the Federal large rifle mag primers that they had. Was able to snag 5k of the Rem 9 1/2 for $75/k with the free hazmat. Not happy at all on the price, but tired of wasting gas checking the LGS and coming up empty the vast majority of the time.

I was slow on the draw today and missed the Federal large rifle mag primers that they had. Was able to snag 5k of the Rem 9 1/2 for $75/k with the free hazmat. Not happy at all on the price, but tired of wasting gas checking the LGS and coming up empty the vast majority of the time.
I must have missed the LRP, I've checked most of the day and didn't see them.

Ouch! That's a little steep, especially considering I helped a buddy get 600 Winchester small rifle primers for $30.00 including sales tax in the past week. If you are desperate, let me know, I might be able to help you out. But I am betting that the prices and availability will improve by spring. Maybe a primer for fishing trip swap, if they don't? 😉
I doubt prices will go down come spring.
With this administration giving all this money and military items taken from our military inventory they will need to restock our military supplying which will mean more shortages on our ammo inventory.
So I guess the price of primers will either double or triple this coming year.

If you plan on loading your own in the next couple of years I'd buy what you will need now because you won't be able to here shortly.

I have enough to last me a couple of years and will be limiting what my grandson uses.
I might invest in some primers even at this inflated price just to secure things if it turns sour. With all this lawlessness things might turn ugly and you might gave to take some drastic measures. Rocks will not cut the mustard.

I doubt prices will go down come spring.
With this administration giving all this money and military items taken from our military inventory they will need to restock our military supplying which will mean more shortages on our ammo inventory.
So I guess the price of primers will either double or triple this coming year.

If you plan on loading your own in the next couple of years I'd buy what you will need now because you won't be able to here shortly.

I have enough to last me a couple of years and will be limiting what my grandson uses.
I might invest in some primers even at this inflated price just to secure things if it turns sour. With all this lawlessness things might turn ugly and you might gave to take some drastic measures. Rocks will not cut the mustard.
Not going to lie, I made a lot more ammo in each of my calibers this year then I normally do. Too bad a lot of it was on the boat before it went down :p

So all of the sudden it's gone from primers and ammo being more available, although at a price people don't like, to better buy them now because primers are going to triple in price?? Where are you getting that scenario? I'm considering stopping 9mm reloads and buying factory ammo again pretty soon as it's pretty much the same price as reloading with today's component pricing and my time has value as well. I'll continue to load for my wheel guns and 10mm and a couple rifle calibers. If anything, I see availability getting better and prices holding for at least the next year as we steadily hover in recession territory.

So all of the sudden it's gone from primers and ammo being more available, although at a price people don't like, to better buy them now because primers are going to triple in price?? Where are you getting that scenario? I'm considering stopping 9mm reloads and buying factory ammo again pretty soon as it's pretty much the same price as reloading with today's component pricing and my time has value as well. I'll continue to load for my wheel guns and 10mm and a couple rifle calibers. If anything, I see availability getting better and prices holding for at least the next year as we steadily hover in recession territory.
If you read his post again, he came to that conclusion with the drawdown of the military stocks (think all that ammo we left in Afghanistan and all the rounds heading to Europe and Ukraine) that much of the current capacity will again be gobbled up by military contracts. Less room for ammo runs for consumers. Same thing with Primers. They are around more or less right now but are generally still in fairly short supply. Until there are primers sitting on the shelves again. The price is not coming down and in fact, do to Bidenomics, the prices are likely to start rising again. Inflation and raw material costs, as well as production costs (labor) are all likely to continue to rise. The prices have settled a bit lately but not for a lot of calibers. The bottom rung have to be getting close to production costs, so the chances of prices falling are slim and some rise is highly likely. No longer do we have the Russian dumping nice cheap 9mm, x39, 223, and a bunch of other calibers on the open market that drive the prices down.
I second his comment. If you can buy now in moderation. Prepare for the future.

Rapid Fire Arms out in Sandy, OR has quite a few (somewhere around a dozen each, maybe??) CCI Large Pistol, Large Pistol Magnum, Small Pistol, & Small Pistol Magnum primers on their shelves today. All pistol stuff.

I *thought* I saw a few small rifle primers as well, but ya might wanna call about those. For certain, I saw no Large Rifle primers at all.

As a side note, they had quite a bit of powder there as well; seemed to mostly be Hodgdon offerings.

Hope this helps someone!

Last Edited:
Rapid Fire Arms out in Sandy, OR has quite a few (somewhere around a dozen each, maybe??) CCI Large Pistol, Large Pistol Magnum, Small Pistol, & Small Pistol Manum primers on their shelves today. All pistol stuff.

I *thought* I saw a few small rifle primers as well, but ya might wanna call about those. For certain, I saw no Large Rifle primers at all.

As a side note, they had quite a bit of powder there as well; seemed to mostly be Hodgdon offerings.

Hope this helps someone!
A dozen primers? A dozen sleeves of a hundred? Or a dozen bricks of 1000?

Bricks, not boxes. Sorry about that.

Yeah, it's been quite a while since I've seen that many primers.

In EDIT: I'll apologize if I'm not totally accurate on the amounts. I didn't actually count the number of boxes of each specific type when I was in there this a.m.. Again, it was more bricks than I've seen in a good long while.

Last Edited:
One of our fellow forum members, Cerberus Training, had stacks of primers (bricks) for sale at one of the gun shows for $100 a brick. Was a great deal! No need to go crazy, but let's be honest, the good old days of easy bricks of GMM primers for $40 are likely gone. I'm on the "just buy a few when you can" and stack the primers, ammo, and powder deep. Primers and powder were a limiting factor this last time, but even some of the more desirable projectiles are still hard to come by (eg Speer gold dot, Sierra TMK, accubonds, partition, etc.). Again, no need to go crazy, but pick stuff up when you can. It's a preparedness mindset more than anything.

So here's an update and take this with a rather large grain of salt, I know I am.
I've recently been informed that the Bimart stores should be getting more primers and powders in stock more regularly here soon. Don't know the time frame but from what they said it sounds like they are talking about within 2to3 months or maybe less. But im not holding my breath.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top