JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone recommend a Portland area firearms safety instructor recognized by Utah for their (26 state) CHL? The Utah website lists many in Oregon - dozens with 503 area codes.

I'm hoping to narrow the list by proximity to Portland and cost before I phone all of them. Thanks in advance for any leads. Please email [email protected]

One more thing... oppose vigorously the politicians and groups who want to publish your name address if you have a CHL.

Your post doesn't make clear what you want the instructor for. If you are interested in obtaining a Utah license for yourself, then I recommend OFA in Brownsville, OR. It's worth the drive to get the best training and instructors.

On the NWFA main page click on the OFA link at the top right.

I hope you find what your looking for. :)

Will

<broken link removed>

He brings in someone to do fingerprinting and passport photos. I have not attended one of his classes but a friend of mine has.

Get ahold of Dual Smoking Gunns LLC. I took my Utah CWL class there last year. The guy they had did everything....all I needed to do was put a check in with all the paperwork and mail.

Good luck,

Mike McCarter does a regularly scheduled Utah class on the 4th Wednesday
of the month at Albany Rifle and Pistol.

Paul Meier
[email protected]
is in Portland, does Utah classes on an irregular schedule.

Here is a link to the current Utah instructors by state:

<broken link removed>

Looks like there are currently 33 of them in Oregon.

i just know of a gun shop here in hillsboro that offers a utah class... its expensive in my opinion... $75 or so for the class, then another $60 - $70 something for the permit... the shop is called beaver creek armory, they're a pretty cool little shop, and the phone number is 503-629-9310
2020 nw aloclek dr. #103 its actually right on cornelius pass rd... but the driveway is off of aloclek.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top