JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone recommend a Portland area firearms safety instructor recognized by Utah for their (26 state) CHL? The Utah website lists many in Oregon - dozens with 503 area codes.

I'm hoping to narrow the list by proximity to Portland and cost before I phone all of them. Thanks in advance for any leads. Please email [email protected]

One more thing... oppose vigorously the politicians and groups who want to publish your name address if you have a CHL.

Your post doesn't make clear what you want the instructor for. If you are interested in obtaining a Utah license for yourself, then I recommend OFA in Brownsville, OR. It's worth the drive to get the best training and instructors.

On the NWFA main page click on the OFA link at the top right.

I hope you find what your looking for. :)

Will

<broken link removed>

He brings in someone to do fingerprinting and passport photos. I have not attended one of his classes but a friend of mine has.

Get ahold of Dual Smoking Gunns LLC. I took my Utah CWL class there last year. The guy they had did everything....all I needed to do was put a check in with all the paperwork and mail.

Good luck,

Mike McCarter does a regularly scheduled Utah class on the 4th Wednesday
of the month at Albany Rifle and Pistol.

Paul Meier
[email protected]
is in Portland, does Utah classes on an irregular schedule.

Here is a link to the current Utah instructors by state:

<broken link removed>

Looks like there are currently 33 of them in Oregon.

i just know of a gun shop here in hillsboro that offers a utah class... its expensive in my opinion... $75 or so for the class, then another $60 - $70 something for the permit... the shop is called beaver creek armory, they're a pretty cool little shop, and the phone number is 503-629-9310
2020 nw aloclek dr. #103 its actually right on cornelius pass rd... but the driveway is off of aloclek.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top