J&B Firearm Sales
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Gun Deals
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms Forum

Looking for McMinnville and surrounding areas

Reactions
I too, am looking for a decent shooting spot near McMinnville. I know that west of Mac, out Baker Creek Road, is public BLM land. I headed out towards I guess the Orchard View area a few days ago and it looked like there was a lot of houses and the public land was being logged and it was gated off, I would keep going down Baker Creek instead of going up there.

OP
theparanorm
Here's two Reservoir's west of Carlton, Google Maps will show you how to get there if you right click on one and hit directions to here.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=45.300852,-123.374147&spn=0.055603,0.118618&t=h&z=14
Hey...cool. That's right up Baker Creek road back in the hills. Have been living in McMinnville for 4 years and have never heard of the place. Need to go check it out soon. Any preferred shooting spots around the big reservoir (McGuire)? And is it legal?

Reactions
I haven't been out there yet myself, I'm assuming ron22250 has. I might go out there tomorrow after work and explore a bit.

Reactions
That might be close enough for me to get out there too. I was hoping to find a spot west of Salem, and it seems like that me be the closest :(

Reactions
Yup, go out quite often. I'll probably be out there Saturday :)
You want to go behind McGuire Reservoir. Just don't go beyond any gate and you'll be fine. Most (if not all) the roads that lead directly toward the water are gated.

OP
theparanorm
Yup, go out quite often. I'll probably be out there Saturday :)
You want to go behind McGuire Reservoir. Just don't go beyond any gate and you'll be fine. Most (if not all) the roads that lead directly toward the water are gated.
Hey Ron...

Based off the above linked map...where would you say is the best, safe and legal spot to hit up? Could you be a little more specific as to where "behind McGuire Reservoir" is?

Many thanks :s0155:

Reactions
Hey Ron...

Based off the above linked map...where would you say is the best, safe and legal spot to hit up? Could you be a little more specific as to where "behind McGuire Reservoir" is?

Many thanks :s0155:
Please please PM me as well, I've literally been out shooting ONCE in the past year because I can't find any close spots around here :(

Thank you! :s0155:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online