JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too, am looking for a decent shooting spot near McMinnville. I know that west of Mac, out Baker Creek Road, is public BLM land. I headed out towards I guess the Orchard View area a few days ago and it looked like there was a lot of houses and the public land was being logged and it was gated off, I would keep going down Baker Creek instead of going up there.

Here's two Reservoir's west of Carlton, Google Maps will show you how to get there if you right click on one and hit directions to here.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=45.300852,-123.374147&spn=0.055603,0.118618&t=h&z=14

Hey...cool. That's right up Baker Creek road back in the hills. Have been living in McMinnville for 4 years and have never heard of the place. Need to go check it out soon. Any preferred shooting spots around the big reservoir (McGuire)? And is it legal?

Yup, go out quite often. I'll probably be out there Saturday :)
You want to go behind McGuire Reservoir. Just don't go beyond any gate and you'll be fine. Most (if not all) the roads that lead directly toward the water are gated.

Yup, go out quite often. I'll probably be out there Saturday :)
You want to go behind McGuire Reservoir. Just don't go beyond any gate and you'll be fine. Most (if not all) the roads that lead directly toward the water are gated.

Hey Ron...

Based off the above linked map...where would you say is the best, safe and legal spot to hit up? Could you be a little more specific as to where "behind McGuire Reservoir" is?

Many thanks :s0155:

Hey Ron...

Based off the above linked map...where would you say is the best, safe and legal spot to hit up? Could you be a little more specific as to where "behind McGuire Reservoir" is?

Many thanks :s0155:

Please please PM me as well, I've literally been out shooting ONCE in the past year because I can't find any close spots around here :(

Thank you! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads