JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I keep getting curious about these as a "I can't carry anything else right now" gun. What do you guys think about them especially in terms of how easy to carry and how easy to hit the target at 7-10 yards.

So far my only experience with them is only handling them in shops. The black widow version with second smallest barrel is about as long as my 9mm everyday carry gun (I held them next to each other) so that one is out. I'm thinking more of the smallest barreled ones.

I would already own a seecamp .380 to fit this role except for the price (2x the naa gun) and weight (4.5-6.5 oz for naa vs 11.5ish for seecamp). I'm not particularly fond of dual action only triggers either so that's a factor.

Thanks in advance for any info., thoughts, or opinions.

If you get one make it the .22 mag. I have the small .22 mag with regular grips. I usually carry a Ruger .380 LCP but when it comes to just having something I'll take the NAA. As a defensive gun this is a point and shoot at close range piece, as within 5 yards in my opinion. You can hit at farther distances with practice and aiming but this ain't no target gun. Check out YouTube for more in depth reviews. I carry mine in a flapped black nylon pocket knife sheath horizontally on a black nylon web belt. Absolutely no one would think you were carrying a firearm. In fact many times I've forgotten I've even had it on me.

If you get one make it the .22 mag. I have the small .22 mag with regular grips. I usually carry a Ruger .380 LCP but when it comes to just having something I'll take the NAA. As a defensive gun this is a point and shoot at close range piece, as within 5 yards in my opinion. You can hit at farther distances with practice and aiming but this ain't no target gun. Check out YouTube for more in depth reviews. I carry mine in a flapped black nylon pocket knife sheath horizontally on a black nylon web belt. Absolutely no one would think you were carrying a firearm. In fact many times I've forgotten I've even had it on me.
Love that idea about using a knife sheath. Inconspicuous and simple! I have been thinking about combining a black naa revolver with a belt buckle as an option also. In some ways I like that the belt buckle doesn't take up pocket space but on the other hand it could become a conversation piece when u don't want it to (that's why I was thinking of black gun instead of shiny if using the belt buckle option). I like this simple belt buckle better than the big oval one. But I think I like the sheath idea better than both.
0ECBCCBB-F913-4257-AF77-CD32A5B4DDEC.jpeg
BB4DB672-FA0F-4B77-A6EA-7D2B4E54C284.jpeg

My dad has one in .22lr and I hate it. Pretty much worthless. Incredibly uncomfortable to shoot and I couldn't imagine having to actually use one in a self defense situation.

For a "better than nothing" gun, a pocket .380 like a LCP is way better IMO.

I still have one of the early models. We bought 2, one .22 for Wife, one with the .22WMR and .22LR cylinder for me. At that time I soon found the only .22WMR ammo did almost nothing in the 1 5/8th tube so sold that one after we got a couple Kel-Tec .32's. The little .22LR has mostly been a safe queen. Several times someone wanted to buy it, I just for some reason keep it. They are amazingly well made. The later models like mine they make a laser sight for which if they fit mine I would buy one. I can not reliably hit a target at anything more that maybe 10ft with mine. I have used it few times over the years as a deep cover. Desantis makes a holster for them that holds a handful of extra rounds and makes them easy to conceal. Always figured it would be a better than nothing if I ended up cornered somewhere.

I had one years ago in .22 WMR, sold it, but seriously considering buying anther one for a particular venue that requires only pocket carry.

Pros:

• Surprisingly well made. (The "Suicide Specials" of yesteryear ranged from exquisitely made to dangerously bad crap. These are nicely done.)
  • Stainless steel; at least the one I had.
  • Can carry loaded with all five shots as it has a safety notch between the chambers.
  • .22 WMR is no barn burner of a cartridge, but a point back range shot to the T-zone would ruin someone's day.
  • Super easy to pack.
  • As an FFL, they only cost a couple C-Notes for the basic model, and retail isn't much higher.
  • Communication with NAA has always been fantastic.
Cons:

• Forget about accuracy on any thing much farther than bad breath range.
  • Five shots.
  • Single-action only.
  • Can be difficult to use if you have large hands, which I do. I honestly don't remember if my wife shot that one, but she has tiny hands, so maybe better.
  • Reloading is slow, so what you got on tap is all you got.
Long story short (I know, too late), I'm considering one just because. But as a serious defensive piece, the notion is debatable, at best. Good luck. :)

I looked at them years ago , and was intrigued by the detail. Very well made for what they represent in necessity.
In the end, I bought a 380 for more ease of function.

If you're looking for excuses to buy one
They can have many uses other than as a last-ditch/all-you-can carry, self defense piece.
- Fits in your tackle box to "club" a big fish.
Being a revolver they can also use blanks....:so....
- Starting gun
- Signal gun
- fourth-of-july fireworks

I traded a keltec p32 for mine because the KT had problems with rimlock using SD rounds, and because I see this piece as more capable to stand the test of time.

This model might as well not have sights at all and making hits on paper from any distance greater than ten feet that resembles anything better than shotgun pattern is difficult.

It's a belly gun that is easily concealed and I'm confident it's presentation, in addition to the proper attitude will be sufficient for all but the worst of aforementioned qweef/s. The remainder being taken care with a good T-zone massage.

15734400496563999226666271447082.jpg

I have a pub as well. Great piece! Only problem I had with it was that it is so small I would rarely misplace it around my house and that drove me nuts. Ended up with the Remington mini 380 for about the same money. The Pug is GREAT for deep concealment. Workman ship is outstanding.

workmanship is great, handling characteristics ain't;

an old buddy (Louie) had one with both cylinders; we spent a good part of an otherwise marvelous day trying to learn to use it without hurting anyone including ourselves....Louie was in the habit of making bad jokes with some kind of crude innuendo....
I finally grew tired to the fruitless exercise, and told him 'Louie, I finally see what you've been trying to say about how having too small a penis feels'....

Great gun, well made, and I use it mostly for carrying when you cant carry, which usually means its my swim short/beach carry piece. Quality ammo and a quick clean if you do get in the water and its been great. I have a few hundred rounds through mine (wasp model) between 22lr and wmr. I ended up with the larger folding grip and that makes all the difference. But at that size its not much smaller than an lcp.
It's a great backup or last resort. I wouldnt plan on relying on it unless someone was on top of me.
Oh and they are LOUD.

Excellent input folks! Thanks a lot! Love the size of these.

I understand the delays involved with getting it ready to shoot compared to regular EDC guns.

I'm surprised that it's so hard to shoot accurately. I saw this 22 plinkster video and he is having a hard time hitting 6" plates at close range with the pug. Skip to 2:58 mark to see shooting plates:

I also thought they would be quite a bit smaller than the seecamp but it's closer than I thought. Here is an overlay of the naa magnum short barrel vs the seecamp .380 D6E8E034-EB45-498F-83A0-2C0C65BDC371.jpeg
The seecamp is a little too big for that knife sheath carry method mentioned above though. So if that was the preferred carry method the naa would be a better fit.

re cost, the pug ported barrel is $299-$318 at Nw armory. I would add a 22 conversion cylinder for $50 from naa so it's about $350ish compared to $500 for the seecamp .380

Hmm, still firmly on the fence...

Yea porting is not a need at all, just for fun. Same goes for pug vs. regular type. Nw armory has a regular type ported magnum 1 1/8" barrel one with conversion cylinder for $255 which is tempting.

Another factor that I'm totally guessing on (cuz I haven't shot them) but I think is right is that the naa would be fun to shoot at the range vs seecamp .380 would be painful to shoot at the range. Fun factor is a big bonus to me actually being that it would not be my EDC gun.

I think its fun to shoot, and always gets a laugh out if anyone in sight. I dont personally find them hard to shoot "accurately". Mine only has the little front bead, and once you figure out how to hold the gun level it isnt hard at all. Ive yet to hit a torso at 100 yards but I am actively trying

How much bigger is an lcp? I can make 3" groups no problem at 15 yds with mine. Lightweight and i see them used for $150 all the time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top