JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotta say I love my Black Widow. 10 yards I can hit in a 3-4" group. Carry in the coin pocket of my jeans and it disappears. Am I ever in a place I may have to fend off multiple attackers? No. Dogs? Sure. I'm ok with my choices and my chances, but I do put in the practice. That said, I wish it were a swing out or top break, as reloading is glacial. ;)

Re the Seecamp 380, I found this video that talks about how you can't rack the slide with mag removed, including if there is a round in the chamber. This is probably a show-stopper for me for the Seecamp.

I think I'm so used to shooting revolvers and taking out cylinders in single action ones that I'm ok with the NAA unusual reload process (assuming u aren't using the sidewinder or ranger II which have easier reloading functions). Also I'm so used to dropping the mag and racking the slide to empty semi-auto pistols that I think it's too much of a change with the Seecamp. So I'm leaning to the mini-revolvers despite the drop in firepower.

Go to the 4:10 mark in this video to see seecamp unload procedure (and yes he should be using snapcaps, not live rounds):

Last Edited:
Great gun, well made, and I use it mostly for carrying when you cant carry, which usually means its my swim short/beach carry piece. Quality ammo and a quick clean if you do get in the water and its been great. I have a few hundred rounds through mine (wasp model) between 22lr and wmr. I ended up with the larger folding grip and that makes all the difference. But at that size its not much smaller than an lcp.
It's a great backup or last resort. I wouldnt plan on relying on it unless someone was on top of me.
Oh and they are LOUD.
Re 22LR vs 22 Mag, which do you shoot more at the range typically? Which is more fun to shoot?

I'm looking at the sidewinder which is $288 in 22 Mag, but $388 with both cylinders (cylinders apparently cost twice as much due to complexity vs. regular cylinders). I'm not looking at extra cylinder for saving money on ammo as much as which is more fun to shoot (the reason being the higher cost of the sidewinder 22lr cylinder offsets any savings from using 22LR).

Last Edited:
Does anyone know if the different sight options really make a difference in terms of accuracy? It seems like on the Pug videos I watched the accuracy was better but can't remember really. Kinda trying to home in on which one to order. So far I've seen 4 different sight options:
- front blade type with no real rear sight, just a groove (most models)
- front XS white dot with no real rear sight (some models, SKU ends in XXS)
- front XS white (or tritium) plus rear sight (Pug)
- front post with no real rear sight (sidewinder and ranger II).

Last Edited:
I have the 22 WMR version that I keep in the truck just because its hard to spot. It goes bang when I pull the trigger and I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of it. I can hit a can from 10 paces with it which is my ultimate test of a defensive gun. Anything more than that is just showing off.

Thanks for all the great info. In this thread guys. Much appreciated! I especially appreciate the info on accuracy and range experiences. I think I will have realistic expectations for accuracy now.

I pulled the trigger on a naa short barrel sidewinder magnum model.

I think I would be a happy with most any of the options including short barrel magnum, pug, or ranger II. I was thinking I might shoot the sidewinder model more at the range just due to easier reloading and ranger 2 was a little too pricey for me, as well as potential to accidentally release the break action. One drawback of the sidewinder though is the sights aren't as good as the pug or regular magnum model with XS sights.

So they are all pretty good options really and the ease of reloading just weighed a bit higher for me and cost was good with single cylinder model. Someone else might weigh sights or other factors dofferently, especially if they r using for a different role than I am, which is "carry when I can't carry anything else" and also fun at the range.

Thanks again for all the help!

To update this thread, received gun today. It's really hard to tell just how small these r until I hold it in your hand imo. Sidewinder model is 1/2" longer than pug and I was worried about it being too long but holy moly it's small. Easily concealed in the palm of ur hand. Very light weight. On the concealability scale I don't know how anything can touch these mini revolvers. This is also magnum size so 22lr frame ones would be even smaller.

No other comments on it at this time except hammer needs a petty hard pull to cock relative to other single action revolvers I own. The polished steel and contrasting flat metal finish on the barrel, hammer, trigger, and flutes on cylinder is a nice touch. Also build quality is excellent (as so many other's reviews and comments have said). I can get a two finger grip on the stock grip (probably a finger and a half technically ha ha). Looking forward to shooting it.

One thing I did notice is that on the pug the crown of the barrel is recessed a bit. On the sidewinder the crown protrudes a bit. So if you dropped it on a big sharp rock when fully loaded it could maybe put a tiny dent on the outside of the crown.
Totally conceals in ur hand if needed:
3E1934F8-6F1B-4E9D-8635-FF412D402D2D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Dunno if anyone cares about this but passing along anyway FYI. I had a hard time finding exact fit "snap caps" for dry fire practice for 22 mag. The Tipton red plastic ones for 22lr are too small as are the 22lr size drywall anchors.

these #8 drywall anchors are a perfect fit and have a nice big area of plastic for the hammer to fall on. I have been rotating them after firing so hammer is falling on a different area each time (probably not needed really). They cost around $4 for a 100 pack at Home Depot.

2AFE863F-8D5C-47F1-A2DF-30F48DDDAF76.jpeg

Sweet little piece. I'm actually considering one, too. But I will probably have no intention on conceal carrying it so I am looking at the longer barrel models like Black Widow at 2" or Mini Master at 4". Did you get the combo cylinders or just .22 mag? Do you plan on switching out the grips since there isn't much to hold onto?

Sweet little piece. I'm actually considering one, too. But I will probably have no intention on conceal carrying it so I am looking at the longer barrel models like Black Widow at 2" or Mini Master at 4". Did you get the combo cylinders or just .22 mag? Do you plan on switching out the grips since there isn't much to hold onto?
I know in the reviews I saw poeple rave about mini-master for accuracy. Earl is the other model I heard poeple rave about for accuracy (but no personal knowledge of either of those).

I ended up just getting 22mag because I ran the numbers and with the 22lr cylinder costing $90 for sidewinder version it would take like 1500 rounds to break even via cheaper 22lr to pay for cost of cylinder. For the regular cylinder models it's $50 for the extra cylinder so it might make more sense for those from a $ standpoint.

FWIW nwarmory prices seem to be really good on some naa models. No transfer or shipping fees just $10 background check. Didn't check black widow or mini master prices there though. Gun pro deals was another place I saw good prices (but shipping fees apply).

Re grips I saw that hogue slip on rubber grip is $18. I think that's same grip as Pug model. I'm going to try with stock rosewood color grips first and see if I like it. I might order the rubber grips just to see if there is a big difference.

FYI a mini range report after first shots at the range with the sidewinder 1 5/8" barrel model:

1) reloading: swing out cylinder works well. At first 4 of 5 shells fell freely but 1 only went out about 1/3 to 1/2 way. At the end of about 80 rounds, 3 fell freely and 1 about 1/2-2/3, and one about 1/3 to 1/2. Definitely easy and relatively fast to reload despite having to finish pulling out 1 or 2 cases by hand.

2) grip: I thought grip was fine and no rising of gun in my hands. I'm going to put some rubberized grip tape on it next time just to see if it makes a difference in accuracy but I think stock grip is fine for my use.

3) accuracy: 5 yards I was getting 2 3/4" groups offhand slow fire 5 rounds so kind of as expected. 7 yard groups were uncomfortably big at 4 1/2". Didn't try 10 yards or greater.

a note about the sights. In forums I saw poeple say to basically have the whole front sight above the rear sight or in some cases people recommended to grind the front sight all the way down. On this gun I used it just like any sights, elevation is best when used normally (top of front sight level with the grooved rear "sight") for this one.

also front sight is shiny with a dome top. This contrasts really well with the flat silver rear sights and top of frame.

4). Noise. I didn't find it to be extra loud outdoors with no hard noise reflecting surfaces around. If shooting indoors it may be an entirely different matter though I don't know.

5) Recoil is barely noticeable at all. Trigger weight is heavy IMO.

next range trip I need to practice draw and fire and "fast" shooting. I would say this gun is very fun to shoot based on this first day anyway. So far it looks to me like one needs really good discipline on holding it in a death grip while keeping no tension at all on trigger finger. I wish trigger was lighter but I understand that's a big ask on an exposed derringer type trigger.

My MT husband knows a man who carries one when he works out.

It is a NAA but I am not sure what model. I believe that it is in a 22wmr caliber not in a 22lr.

I have not seen that man's NAA firearm but my husband has.

The man conceals another larger caliber handgun after he works out from what I was told.

I thought of getting one for myself many years ago. I spoke to a NAA rep over the telephone when I first started to buy my own firearms in the late 90's and on.

My former state did not have CCW for several years after my late husband died, back east, and after I moved out west.

There is another tiny pistol that I liked but I can't remember the brand name now. It looked like an old fashioned derringer. It was not a BONDS ARMS or a NAA brand. I saw a picture of it and it was pretty cool.

I think that a person who carries any type of handgun, knife and/or any other tool ON his or her body is better off than having NO tool at all.

I do not own, shoot or carry handguns any longer but I do carry a fixed blade knife on a daily basis. I still shoot a rifle too.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
Speaking of heritage revolvers, btw/FYI coastal farm and ranch has heritage 6.5" revolvers for $99 this weekend. I assume they charge $10 for background check so that's $109 out the door I would guess. I don't need but am tempted to get one at that price. I used to have a 6.5" but sold it. Now just have 4.75" and 16". For those that aren't familiar with them they r metal and well built/heavy and have 4 click actions just like SAA colt. AC0EB495-FD4E-4211-86A9-10091569527D.jpeg

If you get one make it the .22 mag. I have the small .22 mag with regular grips. I usually carry a Ruger .380 LCP but when it comes to just having something I'll take the NAA. As a defensive gun this is a point and shoot at close range piece, as within 5 yards in my opinion. You can hit at farther distances with practice and aiming but this ain't no target gun. Check out YouTube for more in depth reviews. I carry mine in a flapped black nylon pocket knife sheath horizontally on a black nylon web belt. Absolutely no one would think you were carrying a firearm. In fact many times I've forgotten I've even had it on me.
Do u know what type of sheath or knife-with-sheath yours is? I have been scouring, i mean scouring, amazon and the internet trying to find a horizontal sheath that will fit (one that will hide the gun) and no luck besides condor techsheath which is really big. Thanks for any help!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top