JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If she does decide to buy a Glock, I would suggest joining GSSF and purchasing it through a Blue Label dealer.

If she joins for two years ($60) they will send her two coupons to purchase a Glock at a very good discount. One she can use immediately, and the second one will come after the first year of membership expires. A G17/19 is $425, a G34 is $507 and a G43 is $380. Every model is available at a discount and the special runs and MOS models are also available. Plus they will give her a bunch of Glock swag, and the annual Glock buyers guide and GSSF magazine. Another plus is you can enter Glock matches and sign up for the armorer's course. Even if you do not enter a match, you can take your Glock to a match and have their armorer inspect it and replace any parts for free.

Just the purchase savings makes it worth joining.....$485 for a new Gen4 G17/19 is a very good deal. gssfonline.com

As far as models go, she will have to shoot them and see what she likes. My favorite is the G19. I think it's their best all round model.

If she does decide to buy a Glock, I would suggest joining GSSF and purchasing it through a Blue Label dealer.

If she joins for two years ($60) they will send her two coupons to purchase a Glock at a very good discount. One she can use immediately, and the second one will come after the first year of membership expires. A G17/19 is $425, a G34 is $507 and a G43 is $380. Every model is available at a discount and the special runs and MOS models are also available. Plus they will give her a bunch of Glock swag, and the annual Glock buyers guide and GSSF magazine. Another plus is you can enter Glock matches and sign up for the armorer's course. Even if you do not enter a match, you can take your Glock to a match and have their armorer inspect it and replace any parts for free.

Just the purchase savings makes it worth joining.....$485 for a new Gen4 G17/19 is a very good deal. gssfonline.com

As far as models go, she will have to shoot them and see what she likes. My favorite is the G19. I think it's their best all round model.

Excellent reminder on GSSF - I'm planning to add another Glock in the next year, possibly 2, that would be a great option to save some $$

Keith has a big selection of used Glocks. Mostly police turn-ins.

Most are tattered, but with a lot of life left in them.
Some are like new.

He usually gives $50 off tag price. And prices run about $300-$475 before the $50 discount. ;)

I just recently bought a like new G-35.

The G-35 is the large 9mm/40 frame. [With a little longer barrel]
The G-43 is the smallest 9mm frame.

For an Idea of extremes in Glock sizes.
Here's how the new G-35 and a 43 fit my delicate hand. :D

My recommendation however would be a G-19/23 medium frame gun in 9mm/40.

DSCN4922.JPG DSCN4923.JPG

Last Edited:
+1 on the G19. Not that I would buy one for her w/o her looking first (shoot, that's almost as bad as holding the door open for a gal, or leaving the seat up), but well worth checking out. Very versatile handgun!

Keith has a big selection of used Glocks. Mostly police turn-ins.

Most are tattered, but with a lot of life left in them.
Some are like new.

He usually gives $50 off tag price. And prices run from $300-$475 before the $50 discount. ;)

I just recently bought a like new G-35 for $425.

The G-35 is the large 9mm/40 frame. [With a little longer barrel]
The G-43 is the smallest 9mm frame.

For an Idea of extremes in Glock sizes.
Here's how the new G-35 and a 43 fit my delicate hand. :D

My recommendation however would be a G-19/23 medium frame gun in 9mm/40.

View attachment 336300 View attachment 336301
Why Medic, I didn't know you were a hand model.... :cool:

My wife has a G42 but wanted something in 9mm

She put her hands on S&W/Glock and Sig and said the P229 Elite Enhanced felt the best. The nice thin too is it has a de-cocker. It's really too big for her to CC with her usual yoga pants setup, but she loves the way it shoots at the range.

I have pretty much all the 9mm Glock models minus the 26 and 34. At one time I did have them all! If you are ever in the need to try any, or have her try them, hit me up.

My wife, 5'6" 115# picked the Gen 4 19 and that is what she shoots. Many here have likely seen her carry it at the clean ups.

gen 3 glock 19 is a good gun! seems to be the "standard" glock 9mm aside from the 17 which is the fullsize version. may be a little large for carry for some people. my wife carries a lcp custom. small and light. a little snappy with for a 380 but something that small its expected

WOW! Thank you all who replied.
This has been a big help.
Got some good price points.
Learned what model is which and size.
Found a firearms shooting school.
Read some great advise about what Glock users like in their guns.

We are going to hitting some shops , looking at guns ( Glock and otherwise ) shoot lots of guns both mine and friends .
( Yes I do own some modern guns :p )

So thanks again!
Andy

My two cents:

Springfield XDM 9mm (has a grip safety)

Snub-nosed .357 revolver

With the revolver, she could use lighter .38 or heavier .357 rounds. Whatever turns out to be the stoutest load she can reliably hit with is what she should use. I carry a S&W .357 snubby, and tried various loads before settling on Winchester 110 grain JHP.

Whatever she settles on, consider putting a Crimson Trace laser on it. Red is good, green is even better.

I had suggested a pre-lock S&W model 10 or 15.
Or Ruger GP , SP series and the Security six / Speed Six series.
She is open to the idea of a revolver ... But just hasn't shot one.
That will change soon .. when she shoots mine..:D
Thanks for the suggestion.
Andy

I had suggested a pre-lock S&W model 10 or 15.
Or Ruger GP , SP series and the Security six / Speed Six series.
She is open to the idea of a revolver ... But just hasn't shot one.
That will change soon .. when she shoots mine..:D
Thanks for the suggestion.
Andy

If this is a defensive arm, I'd stay clear of wheel guns unless she is a dedicated shooter. Revolversare more complex both mechanically and manual of arms wise.

My daughter really likes her S&W Shield over my G19 and G26. I plan to pick up a PPS and G43 and have a 9mm shootout with her.

Huh , I have found the opposite to be true.
In my experience when teaching new shooters , most have found the double action revolver easier to use and not as complex as a semi auto pistol.

Of course both have their strengths and weakness and we will handle / shoot both types.
After all its her gun and she needs to like it and be good with it not me.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads