Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lookin for informal shooting spot near Maupin, OR (south of the Dalles)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by PMKN_PI, Oct 12, 2010.

1. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

Im gonna be camping near the Deschutes River and Maupin, OR with some friends in a couple weeks, and wonder if anyone knows any place or area around there that would be a good spot to do some plinking. I think theres quite a bit of BLM land there, but not sure what kinds of restrictions there might be. Any advice?

2. PMKN_PI

Bumping this up, making the trip again, looking for a place to Plink near Maupin, OR...anyone know?

3. sprocket3

sprocket3 Oregon - Wet Side Member

It's Maupin. I would think if you can't see a house and it's not posted that you can't shoot or trespass you will be fine. Lots of open BLM areas all over central oregon for plinking. If it doesn't look private, you can bet it's public. It's not like PDX over there. Just drive down a dirt road that doesn't have mailboxes at the end of it and find a nice spot. Taking a BLM map would also help which you could get for $5.

4. PMKN_PI

Can you send me some directions on how to find it? If you want to PM the directions to me instead of posting here, please do. Any shooting I do I will clean up after myself and pick up my brass.

5. PMKN_PI

Fossil? Thats not exactly near Maupin...over 70 miles away...but thanks for the suggestion