Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Locksmith needed for the Gunsafe

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Pittsmaster, May 19, 2015.

1. Pittsmaster

Pittsmaster Oregon City Life Member NRA, Former USMC, MBA, GOP, W7RWP Silver Supporter

I want to do a lock swap on my Liberty safe. I want to go to an electronic lock instead of a mechanical lock. Who can point me in the direction of a reputable locksmith in the Portland metro area that can do the install? Would like something in the Oregon City area if possible. Thanks.

2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Did you check with Liberty safe of Oregon directly? I'd imagine they have the ability to change or install accessories. I believe they said they could make any changes I needed after the fact

http://www.libertysafesoforegon.com/

Don H, Stomper and orygun like this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

^^^This^^^ best to go with OEM if you're talking a Liberty safe.

v0lcom13sn0w and Don H like this.
  4. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Great guys! That's where I got my FatBoy!

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They have an outlet store in Hubbard not far from Oregon city

6. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee SE Portland Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

+1 +1 +1 +1 !!!! Great safes, great service, nice guy. Can put a 700+ lb. safe ANYWHERE you want it by himself. Works his A$$ off and doesn't beat up the walls in the process. No hours posted on the website because whenever he answers the phone he is open, and he always answers the phone. First time we called him it was Saturday about 5:00pm. Just wanted to know when he was open. Said he was delivering a safe to Vancouver and would be back at the shop about 8:00 if we wanted to come by. Met him at 8:00, got an hours worth of quality sales info, bought a Fatboy Jr. and he agreed to deliver it the next day. Called him Sunday morning, said we would like a second one. He said no problem and had them in our house before 1:00 Sunday.

Don H, BoonDocks36 and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  7. ridurall

ridurall Blair, Oklahoma Active Member

I purchased my first gun safe in 1983 and please let me talk you into not changing your lock into a digital lock. I've got an acquaintance that is a locksmith and he has had several service calls to get into peoples safes that have digital locks that failed on the owners. Both my safes have Sargent and Greenleaf (sp) dial combo locks on them. I set them both so they have the same combo. I can open them fairly quickly but the most important thing is they always open. The battery can't die because there isn't one. When ever I leave the house I spin the dials on both of them and lock the front door so I don't accidentally leave either one unlocked. When I'm home they are usually unlocked. Trust me sir you are better off with a good dial lock.

Sgt Nambu, BDA.45, Dallas Ken and 2 others like this.
  8. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

I bought my Liberty from the Hubbard outlet as well. The gentleman there was great to work with. When buying it I insisted on a dial lock , working as a HVAC DDC tech I see electronics fail on the daily. Only takes about 20 seconds to get in my safe. I would stick with a dial IMO.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Sgt Nambu, Don H and Dallas Ken like this.
  9. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

BIG PLUS for....... 'THE DIAL'

Sgt Nambu, d2the3 and Don H like this.