JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, as mentioned in another thread I purchased a Lock'Er Down Console Safe for our 2017 Toyota 4Runner. First I have to say the people at Lock'Er Down are extremely nice and helpful. In fact I got two calls, one from the owner's daughter Desarae, and another one from the owner himself Bobby. They were just checking in and seeing how things worked out and if I had any questions, concerns, or complaints. Since I didn't, we talked about other things which I rather enjoyed.

I did learn they source the steel, packing foam, and shipping boxes in Texas or at least the U.S if that matters to you. All their safes are made in Texas and are NOT, let me repeat this ...... NOT made for anyone else and nobody else manufacturers their safe's for them.

Ordering online was easy and I opted for the Abloy keyed lock with three keys. When unlocked, you cannot remove the key. Some people get the combination lock because they can leave it unlocked with their firearm inside the safe while driving or sitting inside the vehicle then lock it before leaving. The reason I opted for a keyed lock is, I know I would probably forget to lock it back up before exiting the vehicle and have to go back, or at least not remember and have to go back and double check. So, for me the keyed lock was best. If you lose the keys, you have to contact Lock'Er Down and they have to contact the manufacturer to replace them. You will get a card with the numbers associated with your specific keys, so you will not want to lose that. Ok, really just don't lose the keys but that's why I paid for three instead of just two.

The safe itself is constructed of 12 gauge cold rolled steel, has a spring loaded lid, and has a cut out on the bottom for the power port located inside the console. The safe also comes with two longer bolts for the installation. I did not use the washers from the original bolts as they are not necessary.

All you need to install the safe is a 10mm socket, I used a deep well socket, extension, and a ratchet. Inside the console there is a plastic compartment divider (it just pulls straight out) and a foam pad on the bottom (not glued) once removed you see the two bolts. Total installation time was about 10 minutes.

Shown with my XD-SC with spare mag just for size reference. Not a ton of space but enough for a firearm, spare ammo and a little bit more. I will probably get some foam and make a better holder for my guns.

The fit is very good, Bobby guarantees the fit, so if you have problems they will take care of you. One thing some might niggle about, is it covers up the little coin storage holder thing a little bit. But since I don't care about that, it's not a negative to me.

All in all, I am a satisfied customer and can recommend the company and their product.
Lock'er Down Security Products

DSCN0674.JPG DSCN0675.JPG DSCN0676.JPG DSCN0678.JPG DSCN0679.JPG DSCN0681.JPG DSCN0682.JPG DSCN0683.JPG DSCN0684.JPG DSCN0685.JPG DSCN0689 (1).JPG DSCN0686.JPG DSCN0687.JPG

Last Edited:
But when a crook opens that console the lights come on an he be thinkin "MONEY" (meaning value)... It's way better than leaving your Gat under the drivers seat though.;)
I'm going to look for one for my F-350 console.:)

But when a crook opens that console the lights come on an he be thinkin "MONEY" (meaning value)... It's way better than leaving your Gat under the drivers seat though.;)
I'm going to look for one for my F-350 console.:)

Really, it's more for a deterrent against smash&grab where the thief probably has a screwdriver or pry-bar, maybe a hammer. They will not be able to defeat it with these tools. Now, if they steal your vehicle it's all over because they will have the time and access to the tools to get in. The center console doesn't lock, though the glove box does. The glove box would easily be broken into with a screw driver or pry-bar.

But like you said, better than hiding it under the seat. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads