JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Local theater tried to search my girlfriend's purse when we went shortly after the Dark Knight thing. She didn't have anything, but I got a refund rather than letting them, we went elsewhere and cut them out of our monthly entertainment budget.

yea, just wait a few months for the movie to come on DVD or Blu-Ray and be done with it. Unfortunately for my gift of deafness, I need to use caption glasses, and only Regal Cinemas offer them locally, the smaller theaters do NOT....but then again, I am okay with waiting a few months rather than dropping $10 or so at a time for a movie that I probably would enjoy more at home.

As for the weapon thing, I believe it is the corporate policy of Regal Cinemas to disallow any and all forms of armament by the citizens who are customers.

EDIT" yup there's a few threads on this on this forum about Regal Cinemas' anti-gun policy., even a Yelp review stating that they do NOT welcome legal CHL/CCW carriers at their theaters.

http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-regal-cinemas/

I too had to succumb to wearing those heavy and awkward glasses back when we last went to a GOOD MOVIE, American Sniper.

Not worried. I carry a gun everywhere.

I don't know many women who are going to let a teenage kid look at what they have in their purse. The conversation might not got to well for them.

I have been married for over 13 years and I have no idea what the inside of my wife's purse looks like.

Disappointed on lack of comments but the gist was all except a couple thought it was BS to search.
I went to the contact us link and complained that the story was biased and inaccurate.
The reporter stated it like it was a fact that,
"most moviegoers say they are willing to give up a little privacy for safety.".

Kezi Reporter Grace Lim is full of crap in my opinion!
So, the reporter took a scientific poll?

Or that was just the reporter's biased opinion based on wanted they wanted to believe?

Don't bother to answer, it was rhetorical and we all know the answer.

Anybody here posted a comment on their site for this story? I'm almost thinking they have cut off comments because it seems to have stopped at 14, most of which against the theaters new policy.
No comments against the reporter being possibly biased.

Another good reason to not go to a movie. Seems like Hollywood "star" after star is coming out anti gun and I choose not to support people against my rights.

++++++++++1000 on that comment. Just stop their revenue flow and the problem is solved.
No more theatres and no more theatre shootings. Simple :)
That is a message the owners can take home for good. Can't take it the bank though LOL

Last movie I saw in the theater was American Sniper. Wanted that one on the big screen.
Nothing showing that I cannot wait to appear on Redbox or Netflix.
Nor do I care to mortgage the house in order to pay for entertainment.
My spare change, albeit not much lately, goes into ammunition.

Waited and bought that in DVD

Not worried. I carry a gun everywhere.

I don't know many women who are going to let a teenage kid look at what they have in their purse. The conversation might not got to well for them.

I have been married for over 13 years and I have no idea what the inside of my wife's purse looks like.
If there is a gun in the bottom of a woman's purse with a couple of tampons and some makeup on top of it, the kid taking tickets isn't going to find it. The kids who are looking in the bags are going through the motions in order to follow some BS corporate rule, they aren't going to do anything like an actual, real search.

If there is a gun in the bottom of a woman's purse with a couple of tampons and some makeup on top of it, the kid taking tickets isn't going to find it. The kids who are looking in the bags are going through the motions in order to follow some BS corporate rule, they aren't going to do anything like an actual, real search.

And the best part is, they've helped educate the psychos as to what methods of smuggling weapons into a theater will be screened. They're doing a great job of not only assuring that the patrons are disarmed (at least they think they are ;)) as well as advertising it to the world, but they're helping the bad guys to find more creative ways to hide their weapons.

I can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater. Being the antisocial prick that I am, I bought the biggest TV I can afford and have a decent sound system just so I don't have to go to the theater. With the dozen or so ways to stream/rent movies it just doesn't make sense to drive around in a crowded parking lot, stand in line, pay more than the DVD will cost in 6 months, now apparently get molested as they take my ticket, step over people to get a crappy seat in front of some giggling and texting teenagers, get stepped on by those whose bladders can't make it the full 90 minutes, slip in someone's spilled drink on the way out to the crowded lobby, try to find the car, and fight my way out to the street. If movie theaters were banned because they were too dangerous, I wouldn't miss them. In fact, those empty buildings could be easily repurposed as indoor shooting ranges.

Dont like big corporate theaters? Now is the perfect time of year to enjoy the 99W Drive In in Newberg. The refreshments are reasonably priced, it is a local family-owned historical landmark, they play first-run movies, and they dont frisk you for weapons or have silly "no guns allowed" signs anywhere. The same family also owns and operates the Cameo Theater which a neat piece of small-town history in its own right, dating back to the 1940's. It is still possible to enjoy a movie without dealing with the Regal Cinema BS, there are plenty of smaller locally owned theaters to choose from.

yea, just wait a few months for the movie to come on DVD or Blu-Ray and be done with it. Unfortunately for my gift of deafness, I need to use caption glasses, and only Regal Cinemas offer them locally, the smaller theaters do NOT....but then again, I am okay with waiting a few months rather than dropping $10 or so at a time for a movie that I probably would enjoy more at home.

As for the weapon thing, I believe it is the corporate policy of Regal Cinemas to disallow any and all forms of armament by the citizens who are customers.

EDIT" yup there's a few threads on this on this forum about Regal Cinemas' anti-gun policy., even a Yelp review stating that they do NOT welcome legal CHL/CCW carriers at their theaters.

http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-regal-cinemas/
Policy's are made to be broken if you want to stay safe and pay way to much money for food and to watch some anti gun actors.

I have heard the malls and theaters have signs saying no guns, to bad I cant read.
Also I don't care for what ever reason I will never allow a civilian to man handle anything on my person or belonging to me. Besides if person wanted to bring in a gun or other harmful item they would. The funny thing these places are assuming they must have screened these Theater workers they pay 10.00 well, and assume they would never do wrong doing.
I have had my background check I wonder how many workers there are exfelons or have never passed one. Just smoke and mirrors folks, smoke and mirrors. In Closing Theaters have been losing billions the last few years with Hulu, Netflix, HBO-GO and Amazon, many of the movies are released in theaters and online same time, 2015 and 2014 marked the first years this was happening. It cost and average couple to go to movies over 20.00 with food and drink. It cost 20.00 a month for most services and I can watch a zillion movies and enjoy at home and pause when I wan to . We also have a collection of about 500 Dvds as well so I only go to the movies when the wife want to to see something on a big screen. But my wives uncle has a 8foot screen 20 minutes from here lol.

Comments section:
Austin
If it's concealed and you have a CHL you should be good, all they can do is ask you to leave if by some rare chance they happen to see it.

Thea
because those intending harm carry in their shopping bags.

Christie
Funny, so where do men carry their weapon if they aren't carrying a purse or bag !?
This doesn't make sense.

Tyson
Soft target alert, soft target alert!!!

James Carr
It is an illusion of security.
It is too easy to avoid the ticket person and just walk in with a weapon.

That looks familiar.. like.. somebody posted that a few days ago.. hmmm

Don't forget that CARMIKE also bans any forms of self defense in their shoot houses.

Another good reason to not go to a movie. Seems like Hollywood "star" after star is coming out anti gun and I choose not to support people against my rights.
yeah, no kidding. only after i saw lone survivor i hear that mark wahlburg is anti gun. these actors are complete scumbag hypocrites. its like this:"yeah we dont support owning firearms. noone should own a gun" "yes, of course ill make this shoot'm up movie and get paid millions." are u freaking kidding me???o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top