JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks. How expensive is bimart compared to online shops.

Well since I'm not going to list all of Bi Mart prices it's hard to answer you question YET you could easily look at your online supply write down the prices of a few items add in the shipping and Hazmat fee's if required and then walk into a Bi Mart (I think a membership card costs like $5.00) and check the prices yourself.

But if you take something common like CCI #200 primers BiMart had them for $3.79 per 100 and $34.?? per 1000 last time I was in.

If you bought 1000 on line from Midway $32.99 and ad shipping and hazmat you'd have to buy one **** of a lot of them to make up for the $$25.00 Hazmat and the shipping cost. Just the Hazmat would take a purchase of 12,000 primers to to offset the savings. if Shipping is $10.00 your looking at buying 17,000 primers

SO YES BiMART is cheaper.

Wholesale Sports (82nd south of Johnson Creek Blvd), the former Sportsman's Warehouse, had a pretty good supply of primers the last time I was there in late January. I got large pistol for $34.90/thousand, zero discount from the price of $3.49/100. Powders -- I have had no luck there. You have to call ahead to see if they have the powder you need. Compare Midway's prices with Graf & Sons.

The collectors west gun and knife show is my favorite spot for primers. A company out of northern california has wolf primers for 17.00 per 1,000 and federal for 20.00 per 1,000. They were last here this month on the 4-6. I'm pretty sure they will be coming to the next one in april on the 15-17. They are always located in the far left hand side of the building, and they have the tall shelves and really cheap ammo also. It seems like they always have primers but not the same brands all the time. For projectiles tjconevera.com has some good prices. And any order over 50.00 is free shipping. They have 9mm for 74.00 per 1k, .44 is 129.00 per 1k, and .45 for 112.00 per 1k. I don't know if it's the cheapest but you don't have to buy a crazy amount at once to get a decent deal. And for powder I have not found a great deal yet. Hope this helps.

For powders and primer I go to Bi-Mart. $20 for pistol powders and $22-$24 for rifle powders (I buy Hodgdon). Primers are $3.29 per 100. Reloading supplies go on sale for 15%-20%.

For bullets I go to X-Treme Bullets - (800) 482-2103 . They're in Nevada so UPS shipments take 2 days to get here, 3 days for USPS (they get halt in Portland before it comes to Tigard?). They're prices include shipping, which just dropped a lot today. 1000x 9mm RN 124gr was $99 shipped, now $74 shipped :) Great company, nice service, awesome bullets.

If you don't mind using pulled bullets RELOADING BRASS CASINGS , he's a member for this forum and I have ordered brass from him but plan to try the pulled bullets as soon as I run through all my xtreme bullets.

MK Tactical in Hillsboro is supposed to be stocking xtreme bullets supposedly soon as well, I'm excited for that.

I have always been a fan of "Supporting your Local Dealer". There comes a point when it's difficult to do so. Local dealers near me have raised their prices on powder and primers to the point where I don't need to buy near as much to offset the Hazmat fee. A locally purchased box of Bench Rest Primers is around $60. Online price is under $40. The savings on two boxes of primers wipes out the Hazmat Fee and Shipping. It then pays to add a couple "jugs" of powder, again saving another $20-$30 on each over local prices. I ordered a "years supply" of primers, powder, and bullets last year from Powder Valley. Saved over $350 when compared with the BEST prices available at any local dealer. The Local Dealer wouldn't even consider a "large order" discount on what turned out to be an order of well over $1,000. Another benefit was that my supplies came right to my door. I not only saved on the supplies, I also saved another $25 on gasoline by not having to drive to the only local dealer that consistently has powder and primers in stock.

On that last note, for some reason local Dealers around me are clearing their shelves of Powder, Primers, and Bullets. Only want to sell expensive hunting ammo. Soon we'll have a Cabela's in Marysville which will probably take the rest of their business away.

For powders and primer I go to Bi-Mart. $20 for pistol powders and $22-$24 for rifle powders (I buy Hodgdon). Primers are $3.29 per 100. Reloading supplies go on sale for 15%-20%.

For bullets I go to X-Treme Bullets - (800) 482-2103 . They're prices include shipping,.

off their website - nevertheless good prices.

2011 Mail Order Prices
Check out our reasonable prices for quality bullets! [PDF Order Form]
(Freight not included.)

Freight is NOT included in prices:

off their website - nevertheless good prices.

2011 Mail Order Prices
Check out our reasonable prices for quality bullets! [PDF Order Form]
(Freight not included.)

Freight is NOT included in prices:

I prefer the Jacketed Bullets from Montana Gold to any of the Plated bullets out there. MG DOES include shipping in their prices.

Oh wow didn't notice that, the prices just changed so that is probably why... boo.

I haven't tried montana gold yet, I almost ordered a batch one time but then they told me it takes 1-2 days to process the order AND then it would ship. I dont like to wait haha. When I order more from xtreme bullets I'll let you guys know on the shipping speed and prices.

Oh wow didn't notice that, the prices just changed so that is probably why... boo.

I haven't tried montana gold yet, I almost ordered a batch one time but then they told me it takes 1-2 days to process the order AND then it would ship. I dont like to wait haha. When I order more from xtreme bullets I'll let you guys know on the shipping speed and prices.

Most of my orders from Montana Gold are quick. The last two orders were placed on Monday's and delivered to my door on Wednesday of same week. I DO order case quantities so maybe it makes it easier for them to just slap a label on it and toss it on the shipping dock.

A question to anyone who knows. Where's a good place to by reloading equipment and supplies in the Vancouver/Portland area. Specifically I'm looking for someone that has .45 colt cowboy bullets in different weights and .357 dia bullets for cowboy shooting. I would like to talk with a salesman that actually knows something about reloading. I'm looking for a Rainier bullet company distributor also. I would like to try 300 grain plated bullets in the .45 colt. I can buy them on line but the shipping costs are too much to buy small amounts. Bimart it ok for powder and simple things but my tastes are a little over their heads. Wholesale sports has a little better selection but the prices are a bit higher too. Has anyone tried to "special order" from these places for something that's not normally stocked.

A question to anyone who knows. Where's a good place to by reloading equipment and supplies in the Vancouver/Portland area. Specifically I'm looking for someone that has .45 colt cowboy bullets in different weights and .357 dia bullets for cowboy shooting. I would like to talk with a salesman that actually knows something about reloading. I'm looking for a Rainier bullet company distributor also. I would like to try 300 grain plated bullets in the .45 colt. I can buy them on line but the shipping costs are too much to buy small amounts. Bimart it ok for powder and simple things but my tastes are a little over their heads. Wholesale sports has a little better selection but the prices are a bit higher too. Has anyone tried to "special order" from these places for something that's not normally stocked.

Fisherman's Marine has a couple guys that reload, not sure about cowboy action though. They stock Oregon Trail Laser Cast lead and THINK they have the .45 cowboy.

I personally don't shoot non jacketed/plated lead but they were good bullets for the few I did buy. If fisherman's doesn't have the .45 you're looking for you can order straight from Oregon Trail Bullets (located in Baker City) and they get here next day or 2 days depending on when you order.

If they don't, only other choice I'd recommend is Xtreme Bullets. They have cast cowboy .45's. They're plated bullets have been great for me.

I forget the name of the website, but when I called Rainier to see if I could order direct from them they told me about a place in Michigan (I think) that sold small quantity Rainier and the shipping wasn't too bad from what I remember. I was going to order from them but then found out about xtreme bullets.

On another note:
Just bought a batch of 9mm and .40S&W from Montana Gold, Ordered on Wednesday last week and didn't come in till today. Xtreme Bullets I have always ordered on Wednesday and got em on Friday the same week. I'm sure they will be great bullets but sometimes I need to make a "last minute" batch for the weekend. If I plan on keeping a stockpile I'll probably order from Montana again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top