JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't afford a 10mm and don't care for revolvers (44M+) but would still like something for some 4 legged critter protection in the woods. So far all I can find is HP's. I want a solid round for penetration past fur.

I hate to say it but Cabella's would probably stock it in Lacey.They seem to be the biggest selection around

BTW what is a 255 gr going to fly at?
Wouldn't a 200 grain or 180 grain flying faster be as good?
How about having it handloaded for you?

SKU: 45-230 F.M.J./50 .45 ACP +P Pistol and Handgun Ammo
.45 ACP +P Ammo - 230 gr. F.M.J. -F.N. (950 fps/M.E. 461 ft. lbs.) -

SKU: 45-255/20 .45 ACP +P Pistol and Handgun Ammo
.45 ACP +P Ammo - 255 gr. Hard Cast FN (925 fps/M.E. 484 ft. lbs.) -

Not much slower and has a little more umph but I would buy any +P FMJ round if I could find one. I keep running into HP.

I called Cabella's and they said they didn't carry it but I happen to be driving to Sumner today so I'm going to make a stop to see for myself.

Besides beaucoup energy, the 255 gr. slug also has a cross-sectional density like no other .45 ACP. I bought mine from Midway.
I run them in a 6.6" SS LWD barrel with a #24 spring in a Glock 21SF. Strictly for woods use only.

I tried to recover one of them just last week, shooting through a row of water bottles, then a stack of phone books, then layers of plywood. No luck - I'll never see that slug again.
Note added: That's one shot I'm talking about that went through the water bottles, phone books, plywood, hillside,....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top