JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't afford a 10mm and don't care for revolvers (44M+) but would still like something for some 4 legged critter protection in the woods. So far all I can find is HP's. I want a solid round for penetration past fur.

I hate to say it but Cabella's would probably stock it in Lacey.They seem to be the biggest selection around

BTW what is a 255 gr going to fly at?
Wouldn't a 200 grain or 180 grain flying faster be as good?
How about having it handloaded for you?

SKU: 45-230 F.M.J./50 .45 ACP +P Pistol and Handgun Ammo
.45 ACP +P Ammo - 230 gr. F.M.J. -F.N. (950 fps/M.E. 461 ft. lbs.) -

SKU: 45-255/20 .45 ACP +P Pistol and Handgun Ammo
.45 ACP +P Ammo - 255 gr. Hard Cast FN (925 fps/M.E. 484 ft. lbs.) -

Not much slower and has a little more umph but I would buy any +P FMJ round if I could find one. I keep running into HP.

I called Cabella's and they said they didn't carry it but I happen to be driving to Sumner today so I'm going to make a stop to see for myself.

Besides beaucoup energy, the 255 gr. slug also has a cross-sectional density like no other .45 ACP. I bought mine from Midway.
I run them in a 6.6" SS LWD barrel with a #24 spring in a Glock 21SF. Strictly for woods use only.

I tried to recover one of them just last week, shooting through a row of water bottles, then a stack of phone books, then layers of plywood. No luck - I'll never see that slug again.
Note added: That's one shot I'm talking about that went through the water bottles, phone books, plywood, hillside,....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top