JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I switch a lot between various local news stations.

In the last few weeks, both KOMO and KIRO radio, especially, have reported on the progress of I-594. The reporters in fact seem to be delighted and very excited about I-594, almost as if its passing is matter-of-fact, and something that all their listeners would want.

KIRO even reported this morning that I-594 supporters who want extended background checks are "winning." I don't even know what this means. Doesn't sound like factual reporting to me - sounds more like opinion.

To add to that, both KIRO and KOMO continually misrepresent the intentions of I-594, claiming that it would "close the gun show loophole" by extending background checks to "online sales" and private sales.

I for one am sick of this "online sales" moniker being used to refer to Craigslist-style meeting places like Gunbroker and Armslist that facilitate face-to-face meetups of private sellers/buyers. The media conveys the idea to the uninformed that you can buy guns online and have them shipped straight to your door in Washington state. I have had to explain how this works to people over and over, and it seems like they've successfully convinced a huge amount of people that the internet is a gun-buying free-for-all.

The kicker was on KIRO's morning news mention of I-594. They wrapped up the minute-long story on I-594 by stating that "gun rights supporters have a competing initiative." No details, no mention of the initiative number for I-591, nothing. Just a small little statement at the end of the story. Apparently gun rights supporters' competing initiative is not worth even a short description.

Is it too much for even local media to accurately report on things like this?

<broken link removed>

On the up side.... The more that the media wets their panties over gun control the more gun owners will hear about it and decide to actually vote. Pro gun rights people are prone to apathy in regards to politics when those rights aren't in the crosshairs.

Also, Mid-Term elections tend to be lower turn out and a higher percentage conservative. Not that we shouldn't fight I-594 'til the last vote, but I'm not as concerned about this initiative as much as I was about the Manchin-Toomey bill. And we all know how that went down in flames...

On the up side.... The more that the media wets their panties over gun control the more gun owners will hear about it and decide to actually vote. Pro gun rights people are prone to apathy in regards to politics when those rights aren't in the crosshairs.
Also, Mid-Term elections tend to be lower turn out and a higher percentage conservative. Not that we shouldn't fight I-594 'til the last vote, but I'm not as concerned about this initiative as much as I was about the Manchin-Toomey bill. And we all know how that went down in flames...

With the crap that has gone n in this state since they stole a Senatorship from Dino Rossi I don't have a lot of faith that this one won't win. The big counties' vote counting and certifications standards can be called in to question. Th anti gunners and the anti constitutionalist a do not care about enforcing the law of the land. Just dismantling it so they can enforce their own version.
They know that the 2nd amendment Is a big roadblock.

Brutus out.

Is it too much for even local media to accurately report on things like this?

Sure seems like it!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

John do you know of a way to do it without holding an FFL or C&R FFL?

Otherwise, there is no way I know of to legally have a firearm shipped to your door.

You can ship door to door within WA state, as per ATF. handgun or rifle

So you can buy one from NWFirearms or armslist, or other online forums and have it shipped to your door. ( as long the package in within WA )

I have heard that but never heard of anyone actually doing it, instead choosing to play on the safe side and ship to an FFL.

Have you done it?

"Internet sales" of guns sounds better than a mutual agreement to sell an article of personal property to another individual, face to face using the honor system.

You can ship door to door within WA state, as per ATF. handgun or rifle

So you can buy one from NWFirearms or armslist, or other online forums and have it shipped to your door. ( as long the package in within WA )

please show me where the ATF says that..

Regarding misrepresentation of the news, I suggest phone, email, and twitter bombardment of the radio and tv stations. When they feel enough heat, they might actually start listening, and reporting, as they should.

Not that I expect anything in the short run, but steady pressure might help.

Why not just post it John, so we all can see it. I don't know of anything like that unless it's a manufacture's return to the original purchaser, for warranty, or repair and that doesn't constitute a "Purchase".:huh:

Jack...:cool:

I just read the initiative, seems like another unenforceable law that legislators here in Washington love pass. My guess is that it will pass, unfortunately.

Why not just post it John, so we all can see it. I don't know of anything like that unless it's a manufacture's return to the original purchaser, for warranty, or repair and that doesn't constitute a "Purchase".:huh:

Jack...:cool:
Actually it is true as long as the handgun never crosses a state line, just like a face to face in state sale/purchase.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

All these folks get together to push for I 594 yet not a one of there situations would be any different would it have been law.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top