JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have not tried them yet. Been using bullets from 2nd Chance bullet Co. Lasercast is too expensive for Cowboy action. I could actually shoot Ranier LeadSafe for the same price as LaserCast. 2nd Chance is half the cost.

what I hear is DO NOT shoot lead thru a glock barrel,or any polygonal rifled barrel.
in my 1911 it's all I shoot,and zero problems doing it. mine are of a 'medium cast' as to hardness,but they shoot fine.sometimes too hard a bullet will not engage the rifleing,some trial and error testing will show you what your gun likes.

Boy talk about bringing back an old thread...

The XD is pretty picky when it comes to cast bullets, if you do go this way, I highly recommend sticking with a standard RN configuration bullet. I usually shoot 200gr RN-SWC (magma mold) through my 1911 and it eats them up just like it would Keith nose, or hardball, but my buddy who shoots an XD has fits with it. So he has to buy his own ammo :)

As far as polygonal rifling... the problem with poly rifling and lead is there is a strong tendency for the bullets to strip at higher velocities, it should not be an issue if you are leaving your velocities at the bottom of the range, but when you start to push velocity, you will start stripping, and leading your barrel excessively, this can lead to higher pressures, more leading and more pressure.

Thanks for the info, AMP. I know the XD has an issue with feeding LSWC, but I've also read that Springfield made "improvements" with the XDm so that it would better feed LSWC (modifications with the feed ramp and throat). I was hoping to run across someone that has tried these in an XDm and haven't had issues. They (Badman) do sell "sample packs", do suppose I could load up some dummy rounds and see what they'd do.

I've been shooting Badman bullets in .44 .45 colt and .357 for the last couple years. Never had a problem and always good quality. Seem like really good people to deal with too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top