JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello
I loaded some rounds for elk hunting , my book shows IMR 4350 at 67gr for a 220 gr round nose.
I have loaded up a box but then was reading and many say the IMR is not a good powder for the rum .
My question is does anyone or has anyone loaded up rounds for there rum using it and how did it do.

Well what can I say? People say lots of things for lots of reasons.. what was the question? Oh, enough slappy times.. if it's in a standard reloading manual, that'd probably be good.

I'm working with a friend helping him build some accuracy loads for his .338RUM, IMR4831, RL22 is what we're using with good results. Buying quality bullets is a must but then A bedded action, free floating barrel and a trigger you can adjust down to 2.5 pounds is an absolute necessity. You must have a scope where you can adjust for zero parallex per each yardage. Standard deviation is important. Try to stay less than 25fps for standard deviation. Record all your data. Analyze all your data. The more you're involved the better results you'll get.

Our best results so far has been a 225gr Hornady at 2950-3000fps resulting in .875 groups. You stated you have a .300RUM. I'll figure your bullet selection and fps is considerably lower.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top