JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice dodge. Still didn't answer the question.

Alright, I'll bite. No. They don't. However I still think people wearing lame bubblegum virtue signaling shirts should get heckled and made fun of.

Now, are you comparing someone calling you a shrimp dick at a bar for wearing a trump shirt/coexist hat or whatever to getting raped, yes or no

Alright, I'll bite. No. They don't. However I still think people wearing lame bubblegum virtue signaling shirts should get heckled and made fun of.

Now, are you comparing someone calling you a shrimp dick at a bar for wearing a trump shirt/coexist hat or whatever to getting raped, yes or no
NO!

He is saying that the right to free expression comes at a cost in some cities, and that cost is both endorsed and encouraged by the very government that is supposed to be protecting us.

Just remember Oregon turned "Blue" when mail in voting began..

Did it really? Or are those just the numbers the media is feeding us...

Just like this last presidential election, where they insisted there was no evidence of fraud and nothing worth investigating.

Oregon might actually be a blue state, and we'd never know it.

FREEDOM to wear/speak/pray or being a moron without repercussion is what's in danger!

There were always repercussions for all those things. Does everyone here think there was no political strife before the 90's or something.
Prior to last year, one could do such things walking through Portland without getting the evil eye or afraid of harm. Now, one has to think of what not to say/wear or even think so that we won't melt the snowflakes.
Political strife was not anger/violence towards follow ppl on the street like it is today prior to last year!

Last Edited:
Prior to last year, one could do such things walking through Portland without getting the evil eye or afraid of harm. Now, one has to think of what not to say/wear or even think so that we won't melt the snowflakes.
What

Political strife was not anger/violence towards follow ppl on the street like it is today prior to last year!

What

This has always existed. You're just noticing it for the first time because the media is making sure you do.

Was any of the riots dealing with what anyone was wearing? who they were praying to? or was most of it dealing with race? or unfair working conditions or other issues?
Whats going on now, in Portland, deals with unlawful violence that the local government is allowing to happened!
Please give examples that was allowed to happen in our history that was not considered corrupt. I can give many examples of other countries/government doing so, but in USA? 200+ days, multiple cities - come on man, defend that!

Pdx is now a sh_t hole as a result of the leftist progressive influence and the wisdom of the voters and business community that supported the current administration, city council and did not support a conservative/law and order candidate. Just that simple. Voters shot them self in the foot!
Voter fraud for years and years: since mail in voting.

Just remember Oregon turned "Blue" when mail in voting began..

23 of Oregon's 38 governors have been democratic, 13 Republican, 1 whig, and1 independent. The state has historically been all over the map politically and a 15 year snapshot is really just a blip on the historical map.

Now I've only been here 38 years, so. Oregon was a Democratic, progressive. Liberal state when I moved here. And it was a pretty damned good, free, state at the time too. A wonderful mix of people, from Eastern, through Central Oregon. And through the high population valleys of The Willamette to the coastal cities. At least "I" felt it worked pretty good. Maybe I just thought it was that great because I came from Utah? We had a lot of great stuff in Utah. But the "Religiouslators" that ran the place were pretty oppressive in a lot of ways. The point is, you can't compare ANY of our past "Democrats" to anything with a "D-" before their in the last 10-15 years. I don't think the color blue could even be used anymore? If we're talking past and present?

Now I've only been here 38 years, so. Oregon was a Democratic, progressive. Liberal state when I moved here. And it was a pretty damned good, free, state at the time too. A wonderful mix of people, from Eastern, through Central Oregon. And through the high population valleys of The Willamette to the coastal cities. At least "I" felt it worked pretty good. Maybe I just thought it was that great because I came from Utah? We had a lot of great stuff in Utah. But the "Religiouslators" that ran the place were pretty oppressive in a lot of ways. The point is, you can't compare ANY of our past "Democrats" to anything with a "D-" before their in the last 10-15 years. I don't think the color blue could even be used anymore? If we're talking past and present?
Your comments are spot on. As a SNOB (Son of a Native Oregonian Born), I agree that there is a great deal of difference between today's Democrats and yesteryear's Democrats. My parents and grandparents were D's. My folks switched their party affiliation to R in the 70's. My grandparents never switched, mainly due to my grandfather's affiliation with the carpenter's union. As a teenager, I was greatly confused by my grandfather's claim that he voted "straight Democrat right down the ticket" without even reading the names on the ballot. He was a proud gun owner and somewhat of a redneck in regards to most issues, but didn't observe how far left the Democrats had drifted from his viewpoint. I think the main difference between then and now is the urge the new D's have to impose their will on the populace with no regard for the wants/needs of rural folks.

Oregon Dems historically had a very pro-personal freedom streak, progressive but also trending libertarian. I always found this easily tolerable; live your life as you see fit and leave others alone. The liberty loving slant cut across Oregon politics, as I saw it, back then.

Now leftists are finally embracing their inner authoritarian and it's not pretty.

And "Keep Portland Weird"/"Expose yourself To Art" was a pretty good time in Portland of the past.

THIS was our Mayor at the time! (just about choked,,,,) look at our mayor NOW. :s0140: :s0113:

1616599242094.png

May I suggest that "true democrats as liberals" are for advancing freedoms, and those that do not, are not "liberals", but are "leftists" as "aliberal" and want to take away freedoms. Just one way to look at it. As an aside, two of my close friends are commenting the other day that hostility betweens persons in rising in their social networks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top