JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About 10 years too late,whats gone is gone,move away and let the idiots have it.What used to be a good place to live has gone by the wayside.It has spun so far into the whirlpool it will never find its way back.:(

Welcome to NWFA. (It has been a while since I've been to PDX; the last two times was due to a connecting flight and later a funeral of a close family member. Read into that what one will. :p)

welcome.

I was born in Portland and grew up there during the Golden years of the 80's and 90's, when it had the small town feel but was still the largest city in the state. I grew up in "good" neighborhoods of Alameda, Beaumont, and Grant, going to the corresponding schools for those neighborhoods. Back when the homeless were "moved along", and before the troubles of North Portland's Columbia Villa were smeared across the city by its demolishing and rebuilding.
During the good old days of the Hollywood Neighborhood's Fred Meyers building, Pagoda Chinese restaurant, Poor Richards, Roses Ice Cream Parlor. When Lloyd Center's claim to fame was the Biggest Mall in Oregon!
Sadly, Portland has changed so much I moved away and now enjoy hearing the horror stories of Out-of-towners moving to Portland and discovering its a literal sh!tshow. I live closer to the Coast then to the Big City and stay away at all costs.

Last Edited:
Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

welcome.

I was born in Portland and grew up there during the Golden years of the 80's and 90's, when it still had the small town feel but was still the largest city in the state. I grew up in "good" neighborhoods of the Alameda, Beaumont, and Grant neighborhoods going to the corresponding schools for those neighborhoods. Back when the homeless were "moved along", and before the troubles of North Portland's Columbia Villa were smeared across the city by its demolishing and rebuilding.
During the good old days of the Hollywood Neighborhoods Fred Meyers building, Pagoda Chinese restaurant, Poor Richards, Roses Ice Cream Parlor. When Lloyd Centers claim to fame was the Biggest Mall in Oregon!
Sadly Portland has changed so much I moved away and now enjoy hearing the horror stories of Out-of-towners moving to Portland and discovering is a literal bubblegumshow. I live closer to the Coast then to the big City and stay away at all costs.
Good post brings back good memories of Portland. Two places I loved were the original Crab Bowl, huge portions of fresh
seafood always a line out the door and Marco Polo's the best Szechuan China food.:D
1615630584041.png

Portland has been going down hill for years but I have been questioning the same thing what has happened to Portland! Although I can't entirely blame the protest and riots it definitely made an impact bringing over a lot of very far left voters. Portland was in the Spotlight everyday for months basically welcoming every liberal to come to Portland. Leadership in Portland is horrible Ted Wheeler and Kate brown turned Portland in to a lawless hub letting Antifa and rioters destroy small businesses. I feel sorry for any person who owned a shop downtown. Oregon officials basically stripped police of the right to do their job. Oregon isn't a bad state. I've lived in quite a few states and I rather enjoy Oregon I feel like you really have to get out of the major cities to really experience Oregon. I have been fortunate and met some very educated and polite people on here, so I definitely feel better knowing there are still people with similar values and beliefs. I'm a firm believer of 2A but a lot of my friends and family lean left. After a few post showing my support for 2A my family basically shunned me because of my different beliefs and I explained multiple times I was stating facts and not opinions any sources I used were on display I wasn't making this sh*t up! Anyways long story short the cancel culture has gotten so out of hand even family's members " cancel " you. I've always thought a person to be very petty if they completely shut out a person simply because they do not share the same beliefs. I do my best to educate but I do not go into a conversation with the intention of changing the other person mind but rather educating and the person can make the educated decision themselves!

Last Edited:
Portland was that cute baby that screamed alot and turned into the the adult that won't get a job and blames everyone for the car they can't afford.

The simple answer is get a haircut, wear a tie and for God sake, take a shower. But of course Portland won't do it.

Welcome aboard. Your opinions matter. Unfortunately.....your vote does not. Portland has become a mecca for Queen K8 and Teddy-boy. I pray someday they will awaken and discover "woke" is not "awake." I was in Oregon 51 years, 6 kids born in Coos and paid tuition for 5 of the 6. As we retired we left because of the constant heartburn of waking daily to hear that the commies in the northwest corner of the State I loved had a new plan to torch my freedom. The rulers of Oregon are closely aligned with the new American Communist Party (used to be Democrat Party). When K8 says "at any cost".... like clearing the Malheur refuge, or finding the Republicans who walked out to preserve our freedom, .... take cover. Oregon is a wonderful place. It is just not safe for sane people who love their freedom. I think there will be a turning point. But I fear it will not be for the better.

Portland's ruination came from Cali beginning about 1994 [?], and then, lots of people from New York, and the New England and Mid Atlantic states followed in the 2000's. Quite a few from Long Island, New York or the Bronx or Brooklyn came, with their personal and political narcissism. The state's leaders are a value and moral reflection of the voters. Right now there was very recent complaints for the protests in the Pearl District but it was those people that voted in mass for the current Pdx city management. Talk about knowingly shooting one's self in the foot multiple times and not learning about safe voting.

Welcome aboard... :D

I remember Portland as far back as the mid 60's... I travel back to Salem/Albany area frequently and avoid going through Portland...

Seattle is pretty much like Portland these days...:(:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads