JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a Kel-Tec P3AT owner, I'd go with the Ruger LCP. The P3AT is a decent gun but the LCP's fit and finish are much nicer.

BTW, the standard newer LCPs have improved sights and an improved trigger. The older ones have a looooooonnnnggg Trigger pull. xtra safe for CC but messes with accuracy.
Mine is older and the fit and finish and feel is excellent. With the right ammo I think it will suit my needs but I'd be interested to try the newer trigger and sights.

Taurus 738 TCP?
10oz
Its going to get dinged up anyway

My PT709, 1911's, 605, 66, 85, PT92, PT140 all ran fine, no breakages.
My 709 and 605 have been daily carried and abused to no end yet still no issues & fire/eject/load just fine.

I know some folks are weary of Taurus but Im more weary of KelTec.
Just a thought. :confused:
I only mention the TCP because of the size, prefered caliber (.380) and its price point. Used ones can be had for $120-$180 new they are around $180-$220.

Ruger LCP380 9.6oz unloaded?
Kahr P380 9.97oz w/o mag
Kahr CW380 10.2oz. w/o mag
Seecamp LWS 380 11.45 unloaded
Glock 42 13.76oz unloaded

I thought the Seecamp would be have been heavier in 380 (I have only handled the .32), after seeing the weight I'd change my recommendation to the Seecamp with the Kahr being second if you intend to pocket carry. The Euro style mag release is a better setup than the Browning style for that purpose because they do not accidently drop the mag from being in the pocket.

Dood.. I've never even heard of the Glock42.... interesting. Wish it was lighter... but that's very tempting

Dood.. I've never even heard of the Glock42.... interesting. Wish it was lighter... but that's very tempting

Nice clean easy shooter. Recoil is nothing. But....as much as I love mine, its not for front pocket carry. IWB easy. No bubbles, no troubles. But when a T-shirt and jeans is the attire, my Kahr CW380 is in my front pocket. In fact, its usually there even if I have my G42 IWB. Two is one. One is none.

Oh yeah almost forgot, also look into a G42 if you're set on a .380, or a G43 if'n ya wanna rock with 9mm.
A colleague of mine uses the G43 as his hideout piece and he seems quite happy with it. 17.3 oz. loaded.

I prefer the somewhat spicier .38 +P in a Smith J-frame as my own Happy Slapper. :p But the little Glock is a nice piece.

I have a LCP, LCP Custom, G-42, CW380 and a couple other 380's.
The G-42 is the wife's as is the 'Regular" LCP which she likes,
I carry as a backup the LCP Custom or the CW380, I like both with a edge to the Custom,
The one I truly love is my Colt Mustang XSP, I carry it all day at home, but it is pricy and not something I would want confiscated if I had to use it. Even for a little while .... We have developed a emotional and spiritual bond.

I bought my Kahr CW380 ONLY because I could not find an LCP Custom anywhere. Although the Kahr trigger sure is nice.....

Hard to beat the Ruger LCP. Mine has been flawless. I would buy one new.
Also, Ruger has the best customer service around, but I doubt you will need them.

I took a PF-9 in trade some time ago figuring I'd get rid of it. I've had it to the range a few times with never a failure. It's too small to call it really accurate but up close and personal I'd trust it. IMHO 9mm is quite a wallop. I normally like higher quality guns but this one's staying with the herd as I'm kinda a 9mm guy with a lot of ammo for it.

I took a PF-9 in trade some time ago figuring I'd get rid of it. I've had it to the range a few times with never a failure. It's too small to call it really accurate but up close and personal I'd trust it. IMHO 9mm is quite a wallop. I normally like higher quality guns but this one's staying with the herd as I'm kinda a 9mm guy with a lot of ammo for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top