JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anything else I should be looking at? 8.something ounces, 6 rounds of 380... always was hard to beat, but I've been out of the loop for a while - no idea what's come out in the last few years. Anything compare, for the size and weight?

Thanks gentlemen

-Ben

Ruger LCP is very highly rated, and a lot of folks seem to really like them. Probably a better overall gun than the Keltec. They have a slightly larger model, the LC380 as well. I had an LCP for a short time and I did like it, but sold it because I wanted something else more.

Just a little heavier than your specs, but I have a Kahr CW380 that I front pocket carry pretty much every minute I'm awake, unless I'm putting the wood to the old lady ;)

I wouldn't own another Kel-tec, especially when there are so many other choices.

Just a little heavier than your specs, but I have a Kahr CW380 that I front pocket carry pretty much every minute I'm awake, unless I'm putting the wood to the old lady ;)

A phrase that will live in my mind for weeks!

That's more doable. Is the LCP better than the Keltec? Again - I've been out of the loop for a while, but I thought the LCP had some pretty notorious reliability issues

That's more doable. Is the LCP better than the Keltec? Again - I've been out of the loop for a while, but I thought the LCP had some pretty notorious reliability issues

I would say, even though I've not owned the Keltec, that, based on my discussions with others and articles I've read that yes, the Ruger is far more reliable. You'll also get better support, and there are more options for it - holsters, extended mags, laser options, I think even some updated triggers. They are certainly nice little .380's, I wouldn't hesitate to own one again.

I've had just about everything "mousy" and I've settled on the newest version of the LCP, the LCP Custom. It has a polished stainless steel guide rod; real and quite usable windage driftable sights with the front sight having a photoluminescent dot (glows after being exposed to light); a polished steel slide; and, best of all, a new wider red skeletonized aluminum trigger that makes the double action pull way lighter and smoother by far. It's like a completely different pistol and is only about $25-30 more than the regular LCP. Bought one for my wife and liked it so much I went back and bought one for myself. All the vast number of holsters, lasers, grip sleeves, and everything else fit it just fine, so no need to buy a lot of new stuff if you have one of the older versions. Spec sheet is here (http://www.ruger.com/products/lcpCustom/specSheets/3740.html ) and you can find tons of reviews just by Googling "lcp custom". After that, I'd go with the Kahr CW380. Amazing deal for the money with nothing really negative about it I can say. I had one and carried it for a year before switching to the LCP Custom. Hope that helps.

Simple drop in the pocket is my NAA PUG 22 mag. Very deep concealment. I think the Seecamp 32 is now very reasonable in price. Ammo is expensive and can be hard to find during difficult times.

I bought my Ruger LCP w/ LazerMax three years ago! It's been very reliable. Sights suck but that's common on that class of pistol! The newer ones have much better sights! I carry it ITWB and a pocket holster both are really handy and deeply concealed. I trust mine implicitly!:)
I carried a Seecamp for several years! Way to heavy for its size! No controls, want to clean it? Jack the slide open and drop a quarter in, next to the slide rail. Meh!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads