JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys know my story.
But I don't see it as sad.

I have had carpel tunnel surgery. [Yes it smarts]
Elbow surgery [Ulnar nerve relocation]
Neck surgery x3 [I still have 5-8 blown or bulge discs. I cant remember]?
Shoulder surgery. [Healing nicely. Thank you].

But it was cancer surgery with five years of follow up. That really changed me!
And I had what I call ''Cancer Light''. :s0140:

Now I don't tell you this to have you feel sorry for me.
I tell you this to let you know how this is normal. This ''is life''!
We must all faced it. And It dose offer some great lessons.

Now days I no longer keep busy, just to not look at my life.
I'm slow and simple. Deeper but not sad. My perspective has change.

I've accepted things.
I'm not being singled out for any special punishment. What I've experienced is what people really experience. And always have.

Faced with death and sickness. I hope you understand it's more important ''How you see things''. Than what your looking at.

Do for yourself what you can. Take time to take care of yourself! Believe me. Things can always get a he11 of a lot worse with your health than you ''think'' they are now.
Just prey you get a wake up call before it's too late.

I am.;)

You guys know my story.
But I don't see it as sad.

I have had carpel tunnel surgery. [Yes it smarts]
Elbow surgery [Ulnar nerve relocation]
Neck surgery x3 [I still have 5-8 blown or bulge discs. I cant remember]?
Shoulder surgery. [Healing nicely. Thank you].

But it was cancer surgery with five years of follow up. That really changed me!
And I had what I call ''Cancer Light''. :s0140:

Now I don't tell you this to have you feel sorry for me.
I tell you this to let you know how this is normal. This ''is life''!
We must all faced it. And It dose offer some great lessons.

Now days I no longer keep busy, just to not look at my life.
I'm slow and simple. Deeper but not sad. My perspective has change.

I've accepted things.
I'm not being singled out for any special punishment. What I've experienced is what people really experience. And always have.

Faced with death and sickness. I hope you understand it's more important ''How you see things''. Than what your looking at.

Do for yourself what you can. Take time to take care of yourself! Believe me. Things can always get a he11 of a lot worse with your health than you ''think'' they are now.
Just prey you get a wake up call before it's too late.

I am.;)

Thanks guys:cool:

I really think this 2nd knee surgery after the other one on this knee 3 years ago has shaken me quite a bit and shown me how badly in need of more regular excersise I should get.

My diet while not completely open has opened up some too good foods I can eat without gaining a bunch of weight from them & I finally have an 'oh sh!t' medication for when my gut goes outa whack too far now so that is helping a lot.

I know I am a procrastinator by nature but I am also a very focused individual when it comes to something I want.

What I want right now is a fairly large overhaul on my life choices mostly physical but also mental - as a lot of y'all pointed out, staying in a positive mindset will get me there and I hope this year has been bad enough (I'd like it to be mostly uphill from here, so I'm not looking for it to be worse:D) that I will make the changes into a better lifestyle and not have it be such a large amount of stuff that I am always fighting against it.

I suppose only time will tell :rolleyes: (but I'm rarely this focused and don't get what I want so I'm pretty sure this one will stick).

If Medic and my highschool friend can get into top shape after fallouts then I know I can as well.

All of us, sooner or later will at some point face a situation that will seem insurmountable, perhaps with a little help from friends and or family a burden can be eased.
Mine came in the form of a member here, @Sgt Nambu.

Please take a bow you old scalawag!
He helped me through a situation which I'll not elaborate upon here,
Just suffice it to say that he's a stand up guy and I owe him greatly and would come to his aid at the drop of a hat!
There are things in life that you believe your strong enough to work through on your own, I know I did, damned was I wrong.
Hey Sarge, thank you my brother.. You may saved my sorry arse!:s0152:

All of us, sooner or later will at some point face a situation that will seem insurmountable, perhaps with a little help from friends and or family a burden can be eased.
Mine came in the form of a member here, @Sgt Nambu.

Please take a bow you old scalawag!
He helped me through a situation which I'll not elaborate upon here,
Just suffice it to say that he's a stand up guy and I owe him greatly and would come to his aid at the drop of a hat!
There are things in life that you believe your strong enough to work through on your own, I know I did, damned was I wrong.
Hey Sarge, thank you my brother.. You may saved my sorry arse!:s0152:

That's awesome and not hard to imagine from the Sarge;).

You both will always be in my 'favorite people list' on this forum along with the many others that I have found to be truly great people thru conversations and meeting them.

Our actions are remembered long after our words are forgotten...

I will add that in my late teens and 20's there really wasn't anything that stood in my way if I wanted it bad enough (though we all can't get everything we want always).

Having to adjust my thinking and be more realistic with myself as I've gotten older has been a real bear to deal with. My default at almost 40 (3 more months of 39:p) is still 'I can do it all' but trying to hold on to that has been about as productive and successful as beating my head against a stone slab.

I'm quickly learning that sometimes you just need a little or a lot of help and no amount of stubbornness will get me what I need/want.

Having to ask for help is a deeply humbling experience but good friends & people do help it sting a lot less in the end I think.

Another saying I like to share; The Beaten Path Is For The Beaten Man!!! Some times we need to step off of the known path, other times a back track might be better, but no matter what, you can always stop and ask for directions!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

I have this posted on my wall at work. i read it, almost daily

And then I read this, also on my wall.
Although I wasn't a SEAL, or even close, it gives me strength.

SEAL Ethos/Creed
In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation's call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America's finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men. Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me - my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top