JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After reading that post about the Echo trigger, I'm glad that I went with the Binary.

My rifle target set up is the Hook and Hang system with two 8" gongs. Most times there's 1.5 feet between them. I haven't timed it but I can ring both using Binary, one shot per gong. So as far as affecting accuracy, the trigger isn't a factor.

I like this overview:

After reading that post about the Echo trigger, I'm glad that I went with the Binary.

My rifle target set up is the Hook and Hang system with two 8" gongs. Most times there's 1.5 feet between them. I haven't timed it but I can ring both using Binary, one shot per gong. So as far as affecting accuracy, the trigger isn't a factor.

I like this overview:

wow, thank you! Im getting so much back and forth on this subject! maybe the end result is the operator. That and the design of the rifle of course. Im VERY tempted to finance one, just for the fun! (finance is the joke) :D

thank you for the input! I will look into the fostech echo sport just for bubblegums n giggles, i may just go with two seterate lowers, giving me the opportunity to upgrade even more! MWA HAHAHA
Yea if you were to get a good deal on lowers you may be able to get 1 lower with precision-type trigger and one with the echo sport for not that much more than the $500 Franklin trigger. Two transfers though which adds to the cost (please note that I'm not saying echo-sport is better than Franklin trigger because I haven't shot the Franklin trigger). Here is a 10 round burst with echo sport FWIW:

You don't need one. Just install an aftermarket trigger in your MPX and remove the metal protective bridge. In no time at all, your trigger will become an inconsistent select fire/full auto.
INCONSISTANT is the key word here, meaning possible jams and other live ammo dangers. Ill go with the professionals on this one. thank you for the redneck version though! ;)

CZ Scorpion with the Franklin Binary = crazy fun. Taking 30 rounds off the chain will make anyone grin. 9mm is the perfect caliber to have fun with that is not too costly to shoot. I enjoy reloading so the Binary trigger just helps me make more brass to reload so its symbiotic.

I did pick up an AR Binary from @HighLine for my LWRC SMG45 but I have not put it in yet. Anyone looking to get one should definitely reach out to Highline, fair prices but #1 you also supporting a Veteran owned small biz.
thanks for the info! cheap steel cased 7.62x39 in Tulammo is cheap as it gets. Ive yet to have any issue with them in my stamped romanian, stock internals. if i get this bad mama-jama ill be searching for a quality drum next. Ive seen the cheap ones perform from gun shows.. :(

Very good point on ammo! A 3 second burst (mag dump) costs like $7.50ish at 600rpm. So unless ur willing to spend a lot on ammo it may not get used as much as you think. That's why mine lives on the 15-22. A 3 second burst costs $0.90
your quote is so true! hell, if its cheap, you may end up dead with it still in your hand..:mad:

If the vid doesn't start at 1:20, skip ahead to 1:20

So notice how the disconnector (what I called the "rear sear" earlier) catches the hammer on ejection. Notice the disconnector has a spring and pivot.

When the bolt goes forward the hammer is held by the disconnector until the shooter releases the trigger and the disconnector releases the hammer, but the primary sear catches it before it can fly forward and strike the firing pin.

The goal here is to adjust the disconnector such that it is more to the rear (to the right in the vid) and there is more space between it and the primary sear, such that when the trigger is released, the primary sear does not catch the hammer, but rather the hammer flies forward to strike the firing pin.

Then the bolt goes back on ejection and the primary sear catches the hammer and you can repeat the process.

In many AKs, the disconnector most forward position is controlled by the bottom part of the disconnector resting against the inside under portion of the receiver.

Strip the gun down by removing the receiver cover, then remove the bolt carrier from the gun. Pull the trigger so that the hammer flies forward. Now you can see down into the trigger.

By pulling back on the disconnector with a finger and looking down into the trigger, you can see where the disconnector rests against the bottom of the receiver, usually just a little to the rear of where the trigger lever enters the receiver. That is where someone could put a bit of a shim between the disconnector and the receiver - I used a piece feeler gauge. I tried different thicknesses until the disconnector was moved enough to the rear that I got a binary trigger pull.

It wasn't perfect, I still got a few times when the hammer would follow the bolt home after ejection.

But that is the principle.

It was fun to shoot, but not reliable. I only did it once, and it was ohhh... maybe 25-30 years ago. I have not done it since.

I am sure the commercial mechanisms are more sophisticated, reliable and safer.
thanks for your experience! Yes I agree with more modern triggers. Im hearing both good and bad, im wondering if what you just pointed out, has something to do with my mixed responses..

After the Yamhill county cleanup, I found a good spot to take my kids on Father's Day to sight in my PSA AR9. After my boys were done, I told them to switch to third position. This was their reward for sighting in my new pistol.View attachment 723016
so awesome! i have some fun spots in Polk county, thank you for teaching your children about firearms; as the population grows, anti-gunnners multiply faster than gun owners, why, because gun owners know when to pull out their MAG!:D

Yea if you were to get a good deal on lowers you may be able to get 1 lower with precision-type trigger and one with the echo sport for not that much more than the $500 Franklin trigger. Two transfers though which adds to the cost (please note that I'm not saying echo-sport is better than Franklin trigger because I haven't shot the Franklin trigger). Here is a 10 round burst with echo sport FWIW:
i swear i wrote "bubblegums n giggles".. lol did you change it...o_O

Why are you advising people on a public forum to break the law?
A mechanical malfunction isn't an encouragement to break the law. It's a horrible thing to have happen to you.

INCONSISTANT is the key word here, meaning possible jams and other live ammo dangers. Ill go with the professionals on this one. thank you for the redneck version though! ;)
The professionals will tell you not to replace the trigger in your MPX at all unless it's SIG-approved. There's a reason for it, exactly for the situation I described.

this thread gave me a hair sideways 'cause i couldn't remember how to do it. (i'm 70). so i dug out an m1a to refresh my memory. well, i'll be *******! i had filed a notch in the secondary sear to help position the bobby pin ! my wife does not use bobby pins but i have various metal around. i stacked pieces of .005 shim stock till i got a thickness that started working (.020). found a piece of plumbers tape that measured .024 and cut off a skinny piece to fit. it's working so i post now.
DSC03091.JPG DSC03092.JPG DSC03093.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads