JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hellloooo all I thought I'd make a post on our vacation toys, I didn't see a thread on this so if there is one please let me know an I'll close this out.

So I'm no where near retiring I'm 28 years old just thought it be cool to own one an travel an not have to spend an arm an a leg everytime I want to vacation.
So I'm driving thru dallas oregon this past weekend an came across this RV, stopped checked it out took it for a test drive an siad what the hell so this Friday I pick it up. Not bad for my first Rv.

00202_1SkZYt420Yk_600x450.jpg 00Y0Y_lqL7AWF6yFD_600x450.jpg 00909_dxegy2yPYcO_600x450.jpg 00808_771FEwsTMDi_600x450.jpg

Not spend an arm on vacation he says.... at 4-8MPG on the highway.... check. o_O

RV's are like boats, except instead of hole in the water you keep dumping money into, it's a hole in the pavement!

:s0140:

;):D

This. And I worked in the industry for quite a while. They fun but they 'spensive.

:D

What type of trailer you looking at buying?
not entirely certain yet. i want one thats built well. some of the stuff i see in brand new RVs seems cheap. my FIL bought a brand new northernlite camper. hes had the radio replaced 3 times and the refrigerator replaced twice all within 6months of buying it.

a friend of mine has a toyhauler and the dang frame bent after 1 year but his 1 year warranty had just expired and he was SOL. it seems crazy to me that a manufacturer wont stand behind their product for over a year for howmuch money people spend on them.
we ended up bending it back and adding a few gussets to strengthen it.

not entirely certain yet. i want one thats built well. some of the stuff i see in brand new RVs seems cheap. my FIL bought a brand new northernlite camper. hes had the radio replaced 3 times and the refrigerator replaced twice all within 6months of buying it.

a friend of mine has a toyhauler and the dang frame bent after 1 year but his 1 year warranty had just expired and he was SOL. it seems crazy to me that a manufacturer wont stand behind their product for over a year for howmuch money people spend on them.

Well when you decide to purchase one never buy anything made from forest river the frames are put together like toothpicks an gum literally I've watched a crew make them from start to finish an I wasnt impressed. Scary.

JayCo gives you a 2 year bumper to bumper warrantee! And anything manufactured after May 21, 2019 will now also have a 3 year structure warrantee... I may know a girl who sells RVs :rolleyes:

2017-09-12 04.41.28.jpg

This 2016 RPod by Forest River has been outstanding. I have towed it all over the Western US without fail. We were in between selling/buying a home on our move to Baker City and we even lived full time in it for 5 months.

2014-10-18 22.57.34.jpg

We still have this lil teardrop from 2011. It has been a tough lil sucker as Ive had it in some places that will make ya pucker up:eek: I will use it in less than a month when I head south to chase Pronghorn in SE Oregon.

Yes RV's can be huge money pits but if you choose wisely they can be super convenient and useful!!.....

The only time my Rpod sees 60 is when Im hard into the go pedal while hurtling from 50 to 76 which is the speed I set the cruise at. These little 3.5 Liter twin turbo trucks with a custom tune really pull hard. It also helps a lot that my trailer is only 3300# wet:p

The only time my Rpod sees 60 is when Im hard into the go pedal while hurtling from 50 to 76 which is the speed I set the cruise at. These little 3.5 Liter twin turbo trucks with a custom tune really pull hard. It also helps a lot that my trailer is only 3300# wet:p
Which is why I always go "WTF!! :mad:" when I see RVs going so damn slow. I'm hitting 68 (governed) even when I'm almost 80,000 pounds, up the gentle hills on I-95!

I mean, I got detroit diesel powering this truck but still! She ain't no peterbilt, just a Western Star.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads