JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@CLT65 , can you identify mine with these marks?

thumbnail_IMG_0394.jpg

Here's one I rescued a few years back. It had one of those cheesy dust cover scope mounts and sat in an awful synthetic stock. The last owner used it as his loaner deer rifle. The only good that came out of it is that it was given a real nice trigger job at some point.

I was able to score the matching stock, but the dust cover and magazine don't match.

I can make the 200y steel sing a mighty fine tune, but that 350y plate only gets a tickle or two. Still a real fun shooter, not even sure what type it is. Maybe one of you fine gentlemen can id the mark?View attachment 682968View attachment 682969
Oh snap, is that factory 26? If you look to the right of the triangle those Chinese characters are "56" meaning type 56 military issue.

Sino soviet id page.

"
The Sino-Soviets had a letter prefix to a 4 digit number. There are also rifles with a number prefix to the letter indicating a second run. These guns were produced in 1956, hence the Type 56 Chinese SKS. Also produced in 1956 were guns with a serial number up to 1 million. These were produced by the Chinese and started their serial numbering sequence. Some collectors consider any first year Chinese SKS a Sino-Soviet, I consider the ones with a letter to be the true Sino-Soviet. "

A pic of mine. 2020-04-12 16.30.44.jpg

Some great info shared guys, thanks!

Just want to say, mines a re-formed communist and while it eats communist food, its way of thinking has changed!:s0140:

Last Edited:
Don't know what it is about this SKS but, it is already costing me!:s0140: I just dropped some coin on stripper clips, a correct receiver cover, a sling and a pouch to hold the clips. I'll do an updated photo with everything once it all arrives.:s0155:

Anyone else out there with an SKS that wants to play? Need more pics!:s0112:

Don't know what it is about this SKS but, it is already costing me!:s0140: I just dropped some coin on stripper clips, a correct receiver cover, a sling and a pouch to hold the clips. I'll do an updated photo with everything once it all arrives.:s0155:

Anyone else out there with an SKS that wants to play? Need more pics!:s0112:
I have a Russian and a Norinco at the house, hard part is to remember to post a pic after I get home.

Murphy is alive and up to his usual tricks! Got my spike bayonet in today and wouldn't you know it, nothing is ever easy!:mad:

thumbnail_IMG_0399.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0400 (1).jpg

...or maybe I need a blade bayonet? I just can't seem to figure it out!:rolleyes:

But you mentioned your SKS is a full length with a paratrooper stock?

I measured from the center of lug hole to the end of groove in stock. It is just a tad over 12 1/4". There is a blade bayonet for the Chinese type 56 that is 12 1/4" but, those suckers are expensive. Anybody got one laying around collecting dust?:D

Well, I found a proper bayonet thanks to a great forum member!:s0155: She's coming along. I just need to find a proper receiver cover that will fit!:rolleyes:

thumbnail_IMG_0156.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads