JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Chinese Norinko type 56 in very good condition purchased from a member.

20200410_181311-01.jpeg

I've had a number of SKSs over the years, started with a beat up old Chicom in the late '80s. I probably had a dozen, mostly Chinese, but also a couple Yugo, a Russian, a Sino-Soviet, and even an NVA at one time. I should have kept that one, but someone else ended up wanting it a lot more than I did. :)

I remember seeing crates full of used, surplus SKSs, packed full of cosmoline, for $59 each as I recall. Chinese surplus ammo was $50 per thousand. That was in the mid '90s I think.

I kept one that was my favorite, a Sino-Soviet with nice, deep bluing. I came to realize that it had obviously been reblued. My second favorite, that I sold, was an older surplus Chinese in excellent condition with two sling swivels on the buttstock, one on the side and another on the bottom. I've always wondered what that was about.

Back then they were considered a cheap, "junk" rifle, looked at much the same as some gun snobs nowadays look down on Mosin-Nagants (the "garbage rod" crowd").

Well, I picked up my Chinese Norinco SKS this morning. Took it over to my local gun works guy, who I also got a stock/handguard from. Without even a thought, he changed the stocks out for me and I forgot to get a before photo!:rolleyes: The handguard was so close to matching, we didn't even change those out. Going to remove the scope and have a correct bayonet spike on the way.

thumbnail_IMG_0142.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0145.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0143.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0144.jpg

Yrs ago my boss bought 3 for $120 at a gun show. He gave me one as a gift. Shot it a few times in the 90's but it just lives in the safe. He told me at the time to go buy an extended mag well for it and a spare "milled" trigger group so I did. Both are in the safe too never touched.

Stock is so dang small! Like it was made for a child.

Well, I picked up my Chinese Norinco SKS this morning. Took it over to my local gun works guy, who I also got a stock/handguard from. Without even a thought, he changed the stocks out for me and I forgot to get a before photo!:rolleyes: The handguard was so close to matching, we didn't even change those out. Going to remove the scope and have a correct bayonet spike on the way.

View attachment 682437 View attachment 682440 View attachment 682442 View attachment 682443
Congrats! That's a fine looking specimen.

I have a number of firearms but I really like my Norinco type 56, it's just a great shooter.

Thank you! I'm going to keep this one. It even came with 3 boxes of China Sport/Norinco ammo. Don't see to much of that around anymore.

Thanks for posting that and hopefully it will help others in the future viewing this thread!:s0155:

By the way, all my numbers match except the stock now.

Thanks for posting that and hopefully it will help others in the future viewing this thread!:s0155:

By the way, all my numbers match except the stock now.

looks like you scored - I wouldn't worry too much about the matching numbers unless you think you'll sell it. Even then a lot of folks won't care;)

Yeah, you're right of course! It's going to be a shooter and I'm not planning on letting this one go anytime soon.:D

Last Edited:
Here's one I rescued a few years back. It had one of those cheesy dust cover scope mounts and sat in an awful synthetic stock. The last owner used it as his loaner deer rifle. The only good that came out of it is that it was given a real nice trigger job at some point.

I was able to score the matching stock, but the dust cover and magazine don't match.

I can make the 200y steel sing a mighty fine tune, but that 350y plate only gets a tickle or two. Still a real fun shooter, not even sure what type it is. Maybe one of you fine gentlemen can id the mark? IMG_20200412_115925993.jpg IMG_20200412_115956321.jpg

Here's one I rescued a few years back. It had one of those cheesy dust cover scope mounts and sat in an awful synthetic stock. The last owner used it as his loaner deer rifle. The only good that came out of it is that it was given a real nice trigger job at some point.

I was able to score the matching stock, but the dust cover and magazine don't match.

I can make the 200y steel sing a mighty fine tune, but that 350y plate only gets a tickle or two. Still a real fun shooter, not even sure what type it is. Maybe one of you fine gentlemen can id the mark?View attachment 682969

Military (not commercial) factory 26 Chinese SKS. Looks like a good one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top