JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The ratgun earned a re-re-repaint the other day. The old black was flaking away to grey underneath, so I stripped and resprayed. Don't think I gave the acetone time enough to evaporate fully because I got some big orange peely spots. I got frustrated and stripped it all again, planning on going back to the way I originally received the rifle (gas block, FSB, safety lever in original BULG mil paint and grey park everywhere else) till I realized...I just stripped the old paint, it's degreased already and I have a spray can. So I re-re-re-resprayed and am much happier with the results. Still got some fuzzy spots but much better than it was. These particular pics predate that repaint though.

26nc1h.jpg

07gp13.jpg

ddcp26.jpg

Very nice. Mine arrives Saturday. M76 furniture would be awesome too.

I may leave the furniture for the time being and/or throw on a triangle folder.

How's the mag wobble? I hear it's not great with the Zastava polymer ones.
I dont pick up much mag wobble at all. When I picked up the gun at the dealer thats the first thing I did was put the mag in and check the wobble. Ive got factory plastic and Unity mags and theyr both pretty solid locking as far as AK mags go. Ive got a few steel mags coming in in a fw days.

I was able to pick up a pile of the grips . All of them really. As in I controlled the world market of all 11 grips for a couple of days. I equipped all my yugo guns with them and sold off the rest . First new ones Ive seen in years. The NOS buttstocks were good scores too.

I dont pick up much mag wobble at all. When I picked up the gun at the dealer thats the first thing I did was put the mag in and check the wobble. Ive got factory plastic and Unity mags and theyr both pretty solid locking as far as AK mags go. Ive got a few steel mags coming in in a fw days.

I was able to pick up a pile of the grips . All of them really. As in I controlled the world market of all 11 grips for a couple of days. I equipped all my yugo guns with them and sold off the rest . First new ones Ive seen in years. The NOS buttstocks were good scores too.
Damn. I'll have to look around online. Those wood M76 grips are great. I think the original Mitchell's imports came with them too.

Damn. I'll have to look around online. Those wood M76 grips are great. I think the original Mitchell's imports came with them too.
They did. All of the Mitchel guns came with them and the last new ones that were available were from Mitchells stock that CDNN sold off in the late 90's. At this moment there are 4 new ones left unsold in the world. Seriously . New ones anyway in the Czech Republic at the company that bought all of Zastavas old stock. Zeleny Sports has them . Ive got another order I was going to place tomorrow for them. No particular reason but I can sell them off for cost plus shipping and fees and still make enough to pay for an extra for my stock.

Low margin stuff but like my lovely Russian wife is fond of saying in her best heavy Russian accent "You are like Jew" .

I sold all the last batch I had for $125 a piece. Had a guy tell me that I could go screw myself and he could buy them for $75 from Ironwood. Well, that would be difficult as Matt Scheuster died a few weeks ago and while there are a few companies making half assed copies none of them are full sized, made of the right wood and none of the clones have bezels or escutcheons.

Yes, I'm a Yugo M76 grip fan.

I've played with a few of the AC Unities; I don't own any because I'm so well setup for Surplus but I've been pleasantly surprised by them. I'm most interested in seeing if they plan on bringing in anymore pistol mags, their Glock mags look okay...but I shoot a GP35 or a SIG!

AC Unity is supposed to releasing a 45 round AK 5.56 mag soon. It wont be collectible but I scratch my head about magazine collectors.
Yeah - I have my limits on mag collectability. I've got some slabs, waffles, bakes, etc in all different sizes, but I'm not the guy to drop close to a thousand for a Bosnian fleur-de-lis or a Chinese star mag :rolleyes:

Yeah - I have my limits on mag collectability. I've got some slabs, waffles, bakes, etc in all different sizes, but I'm not the guy to drop close to a thousand for a Bosnian fleur-de-lis or a Chinese star mag :rolleyes:
If I spend more than 20 bucks on a mag it better do something that a sub $20 mag wont.

I like the AC Unity mags. Ive got the HK version , several AK versions and even glock 9mm mags. Havnt had a lick of trouble out of anything of them. The AK 5.56 mags are a bit tight to load but they run fine.

AC Unity is supposed to releasing a 45 round AK 5.56 mag soon. It wont be collectible but I scratch my head about magazine collectors.
Some collect cars, some collect guns, some collect stamps. Mags are just something people can collect.

Usable mag is a usable mag, I bought bunch of Polish Beryl mags (black and green) and other mags. But mostly beryl mags cause they happened to have been a decent price.

Some collect cars, some collect guns, some collect stamps. Mags are just something people can collect.

Usable mag is a usable mag, I bought bunch of Polish Beryl mags (black and green) and other mags. But mostly beryl mags cause they happened to have been a decent price.
Agreed. We all have our different flavors of hobbies. Hoping to grab a Beryl when the next batch is in...and a collapsible Beryl stock 🤞

Just picked up the M90. I hate to say that I love the LOP on the Zhukov stock. Feels great fully extended for a taller guy like me. Got three more steel mags on the way to complement what I already have.

1627081479503.png

Last Edited:
It's the Guns 'n' Grit!
It's the Mud 'n' Spit!
It's the KB'ing of a Bubba build!
It's the Steel in the Mag, the Brass in the Bag
And the call the thing the Combat Load!

Some may complain about my Country and Western lyrical stylings. Please permit me to allay those anxieties by making perfectly clear - I don't give a damn.

90ovbi.jpg

utr0un.jpg

Last Edited:
It's the Guns 'n' Grit!
It's the Mud 'n' Spit!
It's the KB'ing of a Bubba build!
It's the Steel in the Mag, the Brass in the Bag
And the call the thing the Combat Load!

Some may complain about my Country and Western lyrical stylings. Please permit me to allay those anxieties by making perfectly clear - I don't give a damn.

View attachment 997583

View attachment 997584
Nice Hi-Power 👍

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads