JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry Guys, thinly veiled rant coming up.:)
I think things on the board started strong, then there was way more Classifieds than discussions, now we're trying to right the ship and mostly the discussion are of the political nature where everyone ends up agitated and ticked off at the other side. Maybe do away with the political side all together? There are plenty of forums where the main purpose is to stroke the egos of right wing extremists, left wing extremists, end of days conspirators, Obama hates guns/ babies/isn't a citizen/ jewish conspiracy etc etc ... Let's not let NWfirearms go that way either. There is a wealth of knowledge on here that gets lost when the emotions of politics get in the way.

I'd be willing to bet that this isn't the only forum that members on here check on a pretty regular basis so lets keep those discussions that can't be won over there. I think this is a great forum, I've bought some stuff, tried to sell some stuff, contributed to discussions, started some threads and everyone has been pretty darn respectful and professional. Plenty of boards slowly go away when people start attacking every time someone posts.

It is North West Firearms after all, and like it or not there is a pretty high population of center and left leaners out here that can appreciate the second amendment.

My 2 cents, plus a little extra for inflation and troll food. :)

Have a great Fourth of July, It's pretty darn Important Holiday.

Eddie

Thanks for the post Eddie. That's actually our goal, to eliminate all political conversation that isn't firearm related ;)

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

For conservative discussion, check out <broken link removed>

For liberal discussion, check out Democratic Underground

The whole "right wing" thing works for many gun forums because they are national and that minority is enough to keep them going. Here in the NW that minority is so small that you end up with such a tiny base of posters. There are tons of NW conservatives...but few of the neo-cons that seem to drive some of the other boards.

I have only been on this site for a few months I have learned alot and enjoyed many of the forums and the people who contribute. I ahve been away from hunting and firearms for 30 years. I now have a new pass time and hobby... firearms. Mainly because of this site. I have make three buys through this site and they have all been from good people.
Making this JUST classified is like giving up to poltical junkies. I am am one myself but this is not the place to talk about Bam Bam and the rest of it.
Where elese can you get this kind info in one place. Especially in the NW????

This site is too important to the discussion of our freedoms. I say ban the political talk and take it somewhere else.

Sounds like this site has changed alot since it started. Change is constant and nothing stays the same for very long.

Thanks to all who work to keep this site up and running

......... Pete

I think things on the board started strong, then there was way more Classifieds than discussions, now we're trying to right the ship and mostly the discussion are of the political nature where everyone ends up agitated and ticked off at the other side. Maybe do away with the political side all together? There are plenty of forums where the main purpose is to stroke the egos of right wing extremists, left wing extremists, end of days conspirators, Obama hates guns/ babies/isn't a citizen/ jewish conspiracy etc etc ... Let's not let NWfirearms go that way either. There is a wealth of knowledge on here that gets lost when the emotions of politics get in the way.

I'd be willing to bet that this isn't the only forum that members on here check on a pretty regular basis so lets keep those discussions that can't be won over there. I think this is a great forum, I've bought some stuff, tried to sell some stuff, contributed to discussions, started some threads and everyone has been pretty darn respectful and professional. Plenty of boards slowly go away when people start attacking every time someone posts.

It is North West Firearms after all, and like it or not there is a pretty high population of center and left leaners out here that can appreciate the second amendment.

Eddie

Making this JUST classified is like giving up to poltical junkies. I am am one myself but this is not the place to talk about Bam Bam and the rest of it.
Where elese can you get this kind info in one place. Especially in the NW????

......... Pete

It was just a joke, although I'd prefer it to be just classifieds compared to all the political crud. There is so much on here, and really helpful people that it would be a shame to have people leave based on the Non-firearm related discussion.

Lets hope we can keep this place lively and productive without treading into the other realms. There is certainly enough guns, hunting, shooting stuff going on to keep a good forum going.

Thanks All

I can't buy that! I do like reading range reports on the guns.And I like reviews of the dealers and shop's out there. There are several othe things I like to read also.

I totally agree.:s0155: I wish Range reports, gun reviews, and experiences were all I saw when I go to the front page. Right now 3 of the ten most current posts are political and it kind of drives me crazy. I really was just kidding about the classifieds only.

Eddie

Eddie

I like to all sides. When I want information I ask? like ,where are the hogs to hunt in OR. and WA.? Then wait to hear from you all. This is a great site. And it uses the 1st ammendment for good, and the so good. That is the USA. I, for one, would like to see more hunting. More on where to find Hogs. Thats me.

I like to all sides. When I want information I ask? like ,where are the hogs to hunt in OR. and WA.? Then wait to hear from you all. This is a great site. And it uses the 1st ammendment for good, and the so good. That is the USA. I, for one, would like to see more hunting. More on where to find Hogs. Thats me.

I agree. We should get rid of everything but hog hunting discussion.

I hesitate to let out a good secret, but I've had great luck at the HomeTown Buffet on 82nd.

NWFA can be made "Classified only" anytime a member pleases. Simply click each section closed on the right hand side until it looks like this.

nwfa2.jpg

I like it just the way it is. If you don't want to get involved in a topic, then don't post. We all are here for the guns, talking about guns, trading guns, buying new parts to trick out your guns. These guns are protecting your political freedoms to talk about whatever you want. I like the classifieds.

Thanks for the post Eddie. That's actually our goal, to eliminate all political conversation that isn't firearm related ;)

Even then it still some how develops into this massive pissing contest where it is no longer about gun issues and is just about how one side will prove the other is bad or wrong.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews