JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've noticed quite a few people don't know how to take a Windows screenshot or use the snipping tool, so I figured I'd share a couple of links. Screenshots are among the most valuable tools one has to relay information about issues they're seeing on their computers and devices. I highly suggest that everyone who uses a computer get familiar with these features.

First, a couple definitions. A screenshot an image of the entire display on a computer screen. A snip, in this case created with the Windows Snipping Tool, is a tool which can take screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. The biggest benefit of the Snipping Tool is that it has the ability to capture only what you select, while a screenshot captures everything.

XP is limited to standard screenshots out of the box, while Vista, 7, and 8 include the Windows Snipping Tool. There are third party utilities to bring Snipping Tool like functions to XP, but I can't vouch for the legitimacy of any of them, and they should be used at your own risk.

Here are the links to the Microsoft instructions. Enjoy!

XP / Screenshot: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen-shot

Vista, Win 7, Win 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-7

Windows.
I like ALT+PrtScn (Alternate key and the Print Screen key)
That captures just the in-focus window, rather than the entire desktop.

Then I use Paint.NET for manipulating the images.

Worker bees in my office use a lot of screen prints and snippets - part of the job. The common app for that is some horrible multi-step Printkey 2000 program. This is MUCH easier to use. Thanks for posting it.

I've noticed quite a few people don't know how to take a Windows screenshot or use the snipping tool, so I figured I'd share a couple of links. Screenshots are among the most valuable tools one has to relay information about issues they're seeing on their computers and devices. I highly suggest that everyone who uses a computer get familiar with these features.

First, a couple definitions. A screenshot an image of the entire display on a computer screen. A snip, in this case created with the Windows Snipping Tool, is a tool which can take screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. The biggest benefit of the Snipping Tool is that it has the ability to capture only what you select, while a screenshot captures everything.

XP is limited to standard screenshots out of the box, while Vista, 7, and 8 include the Windows Snipping Tool. There are third party utilities to bring Snipping Tool like functions to XP, but I can't vouch for the legitimacy of any of them, and they should be used at your own risk.

Here are the links to the Microsoft instructions. Enjoy!

XP / Screenshot: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen-shot

Vista, Win 7, Win 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-7
Just read the thread about "The Snips" and kinda freaked out about a DIY Snip. Lol.

For general snipping and capturing I use Gadwin Systems Printscreen.
I use it quite regularly.....it creates its own folder, so it's easy to find your snips.
I use that same folder for all my Internet Thievery (it's borrowing) :) , grabbing pic URL's etc.
The GUI is polished.....pleasant to use.
Gadwin Systems, Inc. - Software for your business. DiagramStudio - program for create diagrams and flowcharts; GeForms - solution for design and filling forms, hundreds of free business forms.
The Pro ver is payware and the ver 5.4 is freeware. (no trial period with mine)

Try it....I'll bet you keep it.
Gadwin offers some other cool stuff as well....have not tried those yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top