I've been casting my own boolits for years. I had about 440 pounds of range lead to smelt, so I set up the 60,000 BTU burner, put on my cast iron pot, arranged my tools, molds, etc on my table, and before I lit the burner, I put on my hat, respirator, welding sleeves, gloves, over old jeans and sturdy boots. Good darned thing, as halfway into it I got a rather spectacular visit from the "tinsel fairy". For those unfamiliar, ANY moisture introduced into molten lead (621.5 F) causes an explosion, showering the general area with what appears to be tinsel. I did things the same way I always do, and cannot explain the errant moisture. My point is, although you may have been pouring forever, you just never know when things may go bad, and if not prepared, you can suffer severe injuries. Please take the time to acquire and wear the proper protective gear. I did, and as a result I got the bejesus scared out of me, and 131 ingots!