JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So with the weather starting to get warmer, I decided on an impulse last Friday to get a "pocket gun" to carry in the front pocket this summer.

I first was wanting a Kahr P380, but dang they're a bit pricey. Probably well worth it, but a co-worker of mine was seriously recommending the LCP, so I figured I'd give it a chance. And hey, for $299, it was half the price of the Kahr.

First off, this thing is fantastic for concealing. Drop it in the front pocket, and it looks like a cell phone.

I took it to the range for the first time today and put 150 rounds of PMC bronze through it for a quick break in. Not one malfunction in 150 rounds. I read that it can jam with certain types of hollow points, but also that it works well with Hornady Critical Defense. I verified that the Hornady cycles flawlessly through it.

As for performance, it performed about as well as I could have hoped for. I have large hands, so any gun this size will be a bit awkward. It also has a super long trigger pull. Despite that, it groups totally decent.

So I'm taking off one star for the limitation on types of hollow points you can feed it, but beyond that it totally lived up to my expectations.

I'm also looking for a small "Pocket" pistol and have narrowed it down to the Ruger LCR, .22 or the Baretta Bobcat, .22LR. Just can't make up my mind. They each have their Positives and negatives. Was somewhat worried about the trigger on the LCR, but it can take every thing you can feed it. The Baretta, needs stout ammo to operate the slide. Nowe, if someoine came out with a good "pocket" revolver in .22LR/.22WMR, I'd get on it (except the NAA "derringer" versions).

i give the lcp 9.5 out of ten. yes better sights would be nice i guess the laser is the way to go. I have owned my lcp for 2 years and have shot it a lot and have had no problems except stovepipes with tula ammo. oh and i have huge hands.

First off, this thing is fantastic for concealing. Drop it in the front pocket, and it looks like a cell phone.

Cell phones, however, dont blow .380 caliber holes through your thigh or family jewels when you accidentally "butt-dial" them. I would strongly suggest that you invest in a pocket holster that completely covers the trigger guard of your weapon if you intend to carry it in your front pocket.

Check out the Walther PPS. It's about the same size and has a much better trigger pull.
Hey Edogg. I have to respectfully disagree. The PPS is about 1/3-1/4 larger than the LCP. I owned both for a while. I offed the PPS and than a year later (almost) bought a shield. I still don't have a use for the Shield because that's the role my PF9 fills but I also haven't carried the LCP because I don't know if I trust it because of the accuracy, or lack thereof, that I experienced at a few range sessions. So for now it's the PF9 everyday in a uncle mike's pocket holster and a M&P 9C with TLR-3 in a Raven Phantom LC on the days off..... most of the time. The PF9 really does disappear in a pocket soooooo well!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top