JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am sorry to be a pessimist, but I think we are F'd. In the past, I would have not thought they would push a mag or AR ban in an election year. However, now that Hillary is pushing it, they are all jumping on the bandwagon. They have complete control of the legislature and can pass whatever they want. I have the mags that I need. I plan to stop using my mags that hold over 10 rounds and use the 10 round ones for target practice. Save the larger ones for 'whatever'.
Due to ammo cost I usually only load 10 rounds for practice anyway. I outgrew mag dumps a long time ago when ammo prices went up.

Crystal ball time...
California's newest magazine law calls for no possession of a high cap magazine. Dispose of it, Turn it in or be charged if you're caught with it.
Could be like Hillary's assault weapon "buy back" plan, no cash, but you get to take a set value off your taxes.

I agree. If you do not vote, then STFU when the election results come out. This is one of the most important presidential elections ever. The next POTUS will likely appoint 3 Supreme Court Justices. They will shape the laws of the country for decades to come.

Crystal ball time...
California's newest magazine law calls for no possession of a high cap magazine. Dispose of it, Turn it in or be charged if you're caught with it.
Could be like Hillary's assault weapon "buy back" plan, no cash, but you get to take a set value off your taxes.
lol take a set value off taxes. dems usuallybincrease taxes so if i turned my sh!t in id still be getting raped from taxes. one way or another the gov will screw ya.

Looks like Prozanski isn't up for re-election this time around, so we're stuck with his worthless ***. Burdick doesn't have an R challenger, not that it would matter anyway.

Actually, the best thing would probably be to get an R governor. Could happen, here's hoping.
That's our hope in Washington, the state. Then we'd have the guv'nah and senate.

Brutus Out

Since no legislation has been passed or even a Bill being written yet. Its very hard to tell what it is that hey will actually come up with. Her comments say extended magazines. Until that term is defined within a bill it could mean anything from a 10 rd limit to it can't stick out past the bottom of the firearm to not more then the magazine that normally ships with a new firearm of the type the magazine is in tended for. It could or could not have a grandfather clause that allows the millions of "extended" magazines already in the state to exist but not be sold. Or it could demand some sort of reimbursed confiscation or even nonreimbursed confiscation.

Just no way to know what the hell she's talking about until they are actually talking about it.
There's a quick and easy fix for this issue, oust her in November. That'll solve the Executive Order problem...

There's a quick and easy fix for this issue, oust her in November. That'll solve the Executive Order problem...
Fingers crossed. I hope Oregon is smart enough not to elect brownstain. I know thats hopeping for a lot, but since many people including democrats don't like her I can only hope.

We in WA shop in OR for no tax (only on big purchases for me but that's pretty rare) so it looks like you will need to start shopping in Vancouvee for 30 round mags for your AR's;).

We in WA shop in OR for no tax (only on big purchases for me but that's pretty rare) so it looks like you will need to start shopping in Vancouvee for 30 round mags for your AR's;).

Exactly what I was thinking Joe. The problem with state-level bans on things like magazines is that you can simply get them out of state. Either drive across if you happen to live on the border of a more free state, buy them online from someone that will ship, or buy them used from someone else. At least at this time, they don't have serial numbers and if you're concerned about potential manufacturing date codes, just buy used mags off of AL or somewhere else. This is actually a pretty easy one not to comply with.

If all it amounted to was a ban on all future purchases, while that would be a PITA, it is unenforceable, just a feel good measure from the folks that brought us the great life-saving law SB941. If they manage to pull off a ban on all possession, well that's much worse, but still remarkably difficult/impossible to enforce. Hopefully OR gun owners will pull their damn heads out of their a$$es and vote pro-gun in the state elections. Otherwise we are absolutely going to get these new laws.

Regardless of what some members tell you on this forum, your vote does count, especially in the state election. If you give a damn about your rights, vote pro-gun and encourage every single person you can to do the same. It's all on us to stop these wastes of O2 because no one is fighting them for us.

Well it is time that you folks start writing and making your phone calls now to your state reps before they get anything gets down on paper and I am talking weekly.

Do not wait until a bill is in the house or senate then panic because at that time it is too late.

The old saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease well it is time to start squeaking. Refer to what she has stated and tell them NO.

Let them know that you are are not California and you do not believe in California ways and if they want said California ways they should Move there.

Well it is time that you folks start writing and making your phone calls now to your state reps before they get anything gets down on paper and I am talking weekly.

Do not wait until a bill is in the house or senate then panic because at that time it is too late.

The old saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease well it is time to start squeaking. Refer to what she has stated and tell them NO.

Let them know that you are are not California and you do not believe in California ways and if they want said California ways they should Move there.

ya nice thought but Im am seeing that Oregon in many ways is just as bad if not farther left than calif.... we havent had a repub governor since 97....the current demorats in oregons govt pass bills thru the emergency clause as the party is so corrupt here...they dont want your opinion they refuse to listen because they are smarter than us and know whats good for all of us ....after all when confronted with the emergency clause excuse to pass whatever they want, they said ..(Im paraphrasing here)..Oregonians are too stupid to understand what they are discussing:mad:
save your postage and phone time and just vote these left wing wackos OUT

demorats are completely corrupt...google hillary clinton

Writing your representatives is important, but educating your friends, neighbors and families is even more important. Most voters are low information and really just don't care. The people you speak with may not understand the second amendment aspects, so your talking point have to go beyond that. The Oregon Democrat Party wants a super majority not so much to take away your guns (they are using that issue to get elected), but to raise taxes without opposition. People can always relate to having their money taken away.

Writing your representatives is important, but educating your friends, neighbors and families is even more important. Most voters are low information and really just don't care. The people you speak with may not understand the second amendment aspects, so your talking point have to go beyond that. The Oregon Democrat Party wants a super majority not so much to take away your guns (they are using that issue to get elected), but to raise taxes without opposition. People can always relate to having their money taken away.

did you write your reps last year and the year before??

how did that work out for you?:rolleyes:...you think its going to be better this time...HA! ......now they are emboldened
want a recall .....they will claim its invalid for one reason or another....these people have taken a page out of Killery's play book
spend your time running down the demorats

Last Edited:
did you write your reps last year and the year before??

how did that work out for you?:rolleyes:...you think its going to be better this time...HA! ......now they are emboldened
want a recall .....they will claim its invalid for one reason or another....these people have taken a page out of Killery's play book
spend your time running down the demorats

I did and it got me zilch except for Clackamas County where the vast majority of letters were in support of the County standing against the UBC last year. They even announced it at the public meeting, and all the Commissioners except the drunkard Martha Schrader complied with the will of the people.

I go the extra step and send actual mail with my real name and address. The reason to write is to make sure they understand there is opposition. You are not going to change their minds, but you need to let them know where you stand. None of them have any real values and are only interested in re-election.

Next up is to send money to candidates who are running for their seats. I've done this as well, and that includes Betsy Johnson.

The only way we have to save our rights are to elect people who support those rights - that's why we need to educate everyone we can.

I did and it got me zilch except for Clackamas County where the vast majority of letters were in support of the County standing against the UBC last year. They even announced it at the public meeting, and all the Commissioners except the drunkard Martha Schrader complied with the will of the people.

I go the extra step and send actual mail with my real name and address. The reason to write is to make sure they understand there is opposition. You are not going to change their minds, but you need to let them know where you stand. None of them have any real values and are only interested in re-election.

Next up is to send money to candidates who are running for their seats. I've done this as well, and that includes Betsy Johnson.

The only way we have to save our rights are to elect people who support those rights - that's why we need to educate everyone we can.

I was in the room the night that video was made (sitting next to Taku, I believe, though I didn't realize it at the time). She was unprofessional, disrespectful and flat out looney. Talking with her mouth full of crap, wandering around behind the desk instead of sitting down and listening, blithering on about her interpretation that the Constitution is "fluid", while having the gall to claim she was pro-2A and a gun owner. She voted NO against the resolution that night. She is one of the bad ones and needs to go. Her husband (ex, now I think?) needs to be tossed out on his a$$ too. He was our vet before he got into politics - he and his wife should have stuck with their former lives because they are only hurting us in their current positions.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews