JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since no legislation has been passed or even a Bill being written yet. Its very hard to tell what it is that hey will actually come up with. Her comments say extended magazines. Until that term is defined within a bill it could mean anything from a 10 rd limit to it can't stick out past the bottom of the firearm to not more then the magazine that normally ships with a new firearm of the type the magazine is in tended for. It could or could not have a grandfather clause that allows the millions of "extended" magazines already in the state to exist but not be sold. Or it could demand some sort of reimbursed confiscation or even nonreimbursed confiscation.

Just no way to know what the hell she's talking about until they are actually talking about it.

It's not that complicated. They're probably going for a magazine capacity limit next session. This is probably the last year you'll be able to buy magazines over 10 rounds.

The only way to stop it is if the Rs gain the House or Senate.

It's not that complicated. They're probably going for a magazine capacity limit next session. This is probably the last year you'll be able to buy magazines over 10 rounds.

The only way to stop it is if the Rs gain the House or Senate.
Any hope that the R's will pick up enough seats to at least stop them? I've been telling everyone I know to vote. It would be a shame if Oregon became a Nazi state.

Any hope that the R's will pick up enough seats to at least stop them? I've been telling everyone I know to vote. It would be a shame if Oregon became a Nazi state.

It's possible. Oregon's Senate districts aren't as completely F'd as California's are. Currently there are 12 Rs and 18 Ds in the Senate. Betsy Johnson (a Democrat) consistently votes AGAINST gun control, so it's basically 13 to 17. Only 3 seats need to flip to get a pro-gun majority (assuming that none of the Rs stick it in us).

Need to flip 6 seats in the House, not sure if there are any pro-gun Ds in that one.

Hopefully the voters in Eugene will acknowledge the corruption incarnate Prozanski and fire him. Perhaps the failed recall against him will sway enough of them. The other scary one is Ginny Burdick, but she has Portland wrapped around her little finger so there's virtually no way she's going to get what she deserves.

Looks like Prozanski isn't up for re-election this time around, so we're stuck with his worthless ***. Burdick doesn't have an R challenger, not that it would matter anyway.

Actually, the best thing would probably be to get an R governor. Could happen, here's hoping.

she has to be elected first, and the rest of the reps have to be re-elected as well, before they can introduce mag bans. So she played her hand before the election. we'll see how that goes

But if you have not been buying mags since 2012 its probably something to consider now.

My Chrystal Ball must be broken, Just swirling mists of nothing! Actually Gubness Brownstain up there in Orygun looks like she is blowing her chances at election! (hears Hoping) According to the interwebs reports out of Orygun, She hasn't written any bills, nor has she entered into any debates! She isn't answering any questions and her staff are being quiet about every thing! All they keep telling us is HatefullBrownstain will mount a vigorous campaign closer to the elections! Hope she blows it big time and ends up on the streets! Cross your fingers!

Don't know if this has been discussed but I'm kinda shocked that more people are not talking about this.

Gov. Brown launches tough gun control push for Oregon with executive orders (http://www.guns.com/2016/07/18/gov-brown-launches-tough-gun-control-push-for-oregon-with-executive-orders/)

Is this really the last year we will be able to buy standard capacity magazines? What are the chances of a mag ban actually passing?

I would estimate that it has a 90% chance of passing. If there is another mass shooting with a semiauto rifle here in Oregon, then the odds will probably go to 100%.

It's possible. Oregon's Senate districts aren't as completely F'd as California's are. Currently there are 12 Rs and 18 Ds in the Senate. Betsy Johnson (a Democrat) consistently votes AGAINST gun control, so it's basically 13 to 17. Only 3 seats need to flip to get a pro-gun majority (assuming that none of the Rs stick it in us).

Your math is off for the Senate. We only need for two seats to flip Republican, to gain a majority, since I am pretty confident that Johnson would vote against it.

The real question about Bud Pierce, Where does he stand on the 2nd? Orygun needs to really make this issue #1 this go round! Keep the kalifornication Libtardism out of the State, and maybe start following other states lead, Constitutional Carry, and remove restrictions! Time to mount a push to get the word out, and support Brownstains opponent!

This whole idea of a magazine capacity ban is ambiguous.

I have a .458 socom. I use the same mags for that rifle and for my 5.56 rifles. When the mag is in a 5.56 AR, it would be illegal. But when it's in a .458, it's legal (you can only shove 10 cartridges into a standard 30-round mag).

So it's the same magazine, unmodified - yet in one embodiment, it's legal - in the other, it would be considered illegal.

Does that make any sense? Of course not. So how the fizzle is this supposed to be enforced? If the ban affects magazines, then how can the same magazine be both legal and illegal?

-Thirtycal

The real question about Bud Pierce, Where does he stand on the 2nd? Orygun needs to really make this issue #1 this go round! Keep the kalifornication Libtardism out of the State, and maybe start following other states lead, Constitutional Carry, and remove restrictions! Time to mount a push to get the word out, and support Brownstains opponent!

He has an A or A+ rating from the NRA I forget which I saw.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top