JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in the room the night that video was made (sitting next to Taku, I believe, though I didn't realize it at the time). She was unprofessional, disrespectful and flat out looney. Talking with her mouth full of crap, wandering around behind the desk instead of sitting down and listening, blithering on about her interpretation that the Constitution is "fluid", while having the gall to claim she was pro-2A and a gun owner. She voted NO against the resolution that night. She is one of the bad ones and needs to go. Her husband (ex, now I think?) needs to be tossed out on his a$$ too. He was our vet before he got into politics - he and his wife should have stuck with their former lives because they are only hurting us in their current positions.

I was there, too, and you probably saw me since I know Taku and went to chat with him and his wife during the breaks.

I've never seen such an unprofessional performance in my life. I can't believe she was re-elected - but most voters will pick the name they know and move on.

One thing that night did prove, however, was that if we write and show up enmasse they will bend. Politicians always bend for angry villagers.

I guess they way I look at it if you not willing to do everything in your power by legal means calling, writing, e-mail, going to rally's to make change then stop complaining. Writing on a forum to folks on your side will get you nowhere but cannot hurt.

Even the founding fathers did everything they could first then said enough was enough and ya might want to let the folks in charge know that.

I know a few of you do and you go above and beyond and I thank you for that but it will take all of us to do it.

I have my state and federal reps on my phone and their web pages and e-mail on my computer do you.

I do not know you folks (as far as I know) and I mean no disrespect but they started this fight but it is up to us to finish it and it will take all of us to do it.

If you think it will do no good then they will automatically win because there is no evidence of any opposition. Because state e-mails can be obtained (freedom of information act) it can be used to prove that the people are opposition no matter what they say.

I was there, too, and you probably saw me since I know Taku and went to chat with him and his wife during the breaks.

I've never seen such an unprofessional performance in my life. I can't believe she was re-elected - but most voters will pick the name they know and move on.

One thing that night did prove, however, was that if we write and show up enmasse they will bend. Politicians always bend for angry villagers.

I probably did see you. I was sitting to their left, right next to the owner of Rich's Gun Shop.

She is a complete nutbag, no doubt about it.

And yes, I was very pleased at the turnout that night, heck I think it beat the turnout in Salem.

Back on thread for a sec, etrain16 and joe13 brought up a VERY important issue with high cap mags! Don't do it!!! Before you start in, hear me out! When my State of Colorado decided it was in my best interests to ban High Cap mags, Many of us started shipping them in! That worked for about ONE month until the State figured it out, Then Packages begin being seized by the shipping companies and delivered to local enforcement agencies, who then sent letters to us threatening us with all sorts of nasty! Some of us went to Kansas as it's only about 2 hours away and made purchases until the State of Kansas caught wind and started requiring the dealers check ID's! I personally had 4 high cap FAL mags seized and never returned or reimbursed for there loss, and the state refuses to answer for that! My local Sheriff how ever is a "Will Not Comply" type and is taking on the State to reverse several unjust laws! As of now, We have a Constitutional County, But not State! God help you good folks if you cannot stop BrownStain come November!

Back on thread for a sec, etrain16 and joe13 brought up a VERY important issue with high cap mags! Don't do it!!! Before you start in, hear me out! When my State of Colorado decided it was in my best interests to ban High Cap mags, Many of us started shipping them in! That worked for about ONE month until the State figured it out, Then Packages begin being seized by the shipping companies and delivered to local enforcement agencies, who then sent letters to us threatening us with all sorts of nasty! Some of us went to Kansas as it's only about 2 hours away and made purchases until the State of Kansas caught wind and started requiring the dealers check ID's! I personally had 4 high cap FAL mags seized and never returned or reimbursed for there loss, and the state refuses to answer for that! My local Sheriff how ever is a "Will Not Comply" type and is taking on the State to reverse several unjust laws! As of now, We have a Constitutional County, But not State! God help you good folks if you cannot stop BrownStain come November!

One question: were those shipments from vendors such as Midway, etc? Or from private parties? I can see how they might intercept commercial packages, but how would they know if a private party ships to you? Unless, of course, they have enough time on their hands to scan/x-ray every single incoming package.

I happen to live a close drive out of state, it would be very easy to simply buy there instead.

I would also expect some folks would create a 'black market' of magazines that they would sell to folks all over the state. No, that is one law they'll never be able to enforce.

This is probably the last year you'll be able to buy magazines over 10 rounds.

Maybe, if you are afraid of the black market, or too lazy to drive over the Columbia. Personally, this will just stoke my appetite for more magazines.

We didn't think they could enforce the Ban, until it happened! Companies like Midway, brownells, and Sarco ( where mine were ordered) were informed of our ban status, but not before shipments had gone out! I don't know about private shipments, but I heard of packages being x-rayed and turned over to enforcement! I had two letters from the BATFE sent to me threatening me with investigation and prosecution! The only things that worked were in person purchasing from non border states where you didn't have to show ID, or you got your private shipments in before the x-rays started! All packages incoming through the normal shipping companies are scanned looking for all sorts of things not just firearms related and you would be surprised at the things they find! I have heard of a pretty robust black market, but if you get caught ( and they love setting up stings) you get a lengthy stay in club fed and you lose your 2nd rights forever! Be carefull folks, and get things in hand NOW, or run the risks later! Trust me, you do not want to try this out for fun and see, you will get caught!

Magazine dealing will just be the new drug dealing. I hope it doesnt happen but if it does it does. I do have 40 mags or so but if I want more I have friends in free states and I could give a crap about breaking a state magazine law..

Less than 1% of packages get X rayed. All kinds of stuff goes through the mail.

According to the USPS, "first class letters and parcels are protected against search and seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and, as such, cannot be opened without a search warrant."

Last Edited:
Someone should talk to Magpul (or Lancer or Hex) and see if they can make a "Free Oregon" imprinted magazine like Magpul did prior to leaving Colorado
free-colorado.jpg

upload_2016-7-20_11-38-17.png

Last Edited:
We didn't think they could enforce the Ban, until it happened! Companies like Midway, brownells, and Sarco ( where mine were ordered) were informed of our ban status, but not before shipments had gone out! I don't know about private shipments, but I heard of packages being x-rayed and turned over to enforcement! I had two letters from the BATFE sent to me threatening me with investigation and prosecution! The only things that worked were in person purchasing from non border states where you didn't have to show ID, or you got your private shipments in before the x-rays started! All packages incoming through the normal shipping companies are scanned looking for all sorts of things not just firearms related and you would be surprised at the things they find! I have heard of a pretty robust black market, but if you get caught ( and they love setting up stings) you get a lengthy stay in club fed and you lose your 2nd rights forever! Be carefull folks, and get things in hand NOW, or run the risks later! Trust me, you do not want to try this out for fun and see, you will get caught!

I'm confused as to why BATFE would be involved since it's a state law, not a federal law. Very odd. And for those that drive to other states, unless they plan on stopping every car at the border, again, really impossible to enforce.

That said, we don't know if they'll go for a ban on possession, or just on future purchases.

I take it you are no longer talking about Oregon coming up with a Magazine ban of some sort. Since the FEDS would have nothing to do with enforcing a State law.

My under standing is the BATFE gets involved because of interstate shipping ( crossing state lines) makes it a fed issue on restricted firearms related equipment/parts!

Perhaps that's the case. But I just don't see that they are tasked or have any jurisdiction to enforce state law. Federal law doesn't in any way, as far as I know, restrict shipment of any size magazines across state lines. I wonder if they're getting involved in things they shouldn't be?

You can still buy "rebuild kits" though....
Magazine Rebuild Kits for AR15 / 5.56 / .223 by Lancer, Magpul, Hera, etc. | Tactical Link (http://www.tacticallink.com/Magazine-Rebuild-Kits-for-AR15-5.56-.223.html)
Magazines (Rebuild Kits) (http://www.loyalsguns.com/collections/magazines-rebuild-kits)

Ray

I found the "parts Kit" loop holes too! So far, it still works! I have only gotten a few of these, but nothing was done to stop it! I don't really know who they go about enforcing this, as I only do things above board ( for now) Get your stuff before any thing happens, and all should be fine! I don't think it will matter if a ban happens, other then create challenges!

you get a lengthy stay in club fed and you lose your 2nd rights forever!

One could make the argument that if you have a magazine ban, you've already lost your 2nd Amendment rights.

This is why I prefer not to make rights-based arguments. They are for religious people. To me, there are no rights. There is only will. "Where there is a will, there is a way." You want magazines, you can have magazines. The difficulty might be increased, but the advantage is that you are flouting an evil law.

Some day people will stop submitting to cops and to arrest. Then all these tyrannical laws will blow away in the wind.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews