JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We've got three more days here. Woot-woot! Then the summer schedules begins. Swimming, soccer, drivers ed, etc. Not sure if I'm actually getting a break...

upload_2017-6-20_8-37-50.png

Grandkids finished school last week. One hike in already, and swimming. They'll be baking cookies tomorrow, to peddle at Nana's garage sale starting Thursday. The older ones are looking forward to shooting with Papa and his three brothers in a couple weeks.

Unlike when I was growing up just used to tell my mom where I was going: fishing at the slough along Columbia Blvd or Johnson Creek or Blue Lake(also swimming) - climbing Rocky Butte - going to the Zoo, Washington Park or Pittock Mansion - or any of the other numerous places we could ride our bicycles to like Multnomah Falls. The only thing was that we were to be home for dinner and you better have a darn good reason if not. I feel sorry for the kids today. If you were to let your kids do this today you would be put in jail and your kids would be taken away from you. Gee I managed to survive and have fun in the process. People say things are different today with all the "bad" people out there. And why are there all the "bad people" out there who will harm children? It is because they are allowed to be out there preying on children rather than locked up or dead like they used to be. Somewhere along the line their "rights" became more important than children's safety. So now our children are in kind of a prison having restricted access because of all the "bad people" out there while they are free to go and do what they want. Talk about screwed up priorities, this one takes the cake IMO.

And I can't stand fireworks either. Dumbazzes shoot them off in residential areas and look at you like you're the azzhole when you get pissed as they rain down on your roof.

This stuff would stop if I could legally beat them to an inch of their life. Oh how sweet that would be!
Last year I sat on my front porch with a rifle next to me after I noticed that stuff... Guess who cleaned up my yard? :D

Granted it was my friend's airsoft gun, but I guess they didn't notice the orange tip from their yard. :confused:

Not too fond of fireworks myself ... they really mess with our pets.
That said I am not for banning them ... Just wish folks had more common sense and courtesy while shooting them off.
Andy

I just hate it when they don't clean up after themselves. Did it land in my yard? Sure. Was it mine? Nope, they should take responsibility for it. If I did that and it got on my neighbor's yard I'd clean up after myself.

And I can't stand fireworks either. Dumbazzes shoot them off in residential areas and look at you like you're the azzhole when you get pissed as they rain down on your roof.

This stuff would stop if I could legally beat them to an inch of their life. Oh how sweet that would be!

Dude! You're way too young to be the 'grumpy old man' of the neighborhood! :rolleyes:

Hopefully you're dressed when you do! :eek:

:D
I was talking to my landlord back in Sequim while he was having his pump houses delivered. Well the guy delivering them went to take a leak and called someone at the same time
The landlord walks by and says 'Hi I was just thinking of you!'
The guy couldn't talk for a bit and almost wet himself
So,Salmon Idaho had its smallest graduating class in decades this year,with only 40 some graduates.:eek:
Not much money to be made here so families move off to make money,hoping to return some day.
But we stay at around 3k people,I guess it's been that way forever.
I'd say I'm jealous but I'm retired:rolleyes:
:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews