Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lasermax guide rod for G26 intermittent

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by plato58, Apr 25, 2012.

1. plato58

plato58 Portland,OR Member

Anyone have this problem? Sometimes when I turn it on it works fine and other times it is a faint red beam. Replaced batteries cleaned all contact points with acetone, bought new battery cap. I called Lasermax and they just want me to send it back to them in NY with no promise they can fix it. It is out of warranty. Anyone dealt with them with out of warranty guide rod lasers?

2. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

before you send it in try another set of batteries i did and mine worked fine mine were faint on the first set of batteries i told them about it they asked me to try another set of batteries before i sent it in they seemed pretty nice about it it seemed like the batteries that i had had been sitting around for to long and the new set worked fine good luck i have had a couple of these on my g 23 and my g 29

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I had one in a 33, as above the batteries could be the source of the problem.

4. plato58

plato58 Portland,OR Member

I checked all batteries with tester all were over 1.5vdc. I will try a new batch and see. Thanks for the replies!