JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lasermax Guide Rod Lasers.
I like the concept. I can't justify the price.
Are they more novelty?
Do they hinder functionality?

Have you bought one?
How long have you had it?
What's their effective (visible) range?
How long do the batteries last?
Any problems or flaws found?
Would you buy another?

Given your personal experience, I'd like to know your thoughts on them. :)

I have one on my Sig 226. Quite happy with it. No adjustment needed since its the guide rod. I got it used on ebay about 4 years ago. I don't remember what I paid but it was about half the price of a new one. I replaced the batteries for the first time last summer. I have had no problems with it at all and I would get another IF I had a reason to. The main reason I got it was I like the Hogue grips on my 226 and didn't want to put on CT laser grips. I have CT lasers on my 1911 Colt Commander, Taurus TCP, S&W Shield and my wifes's Walther PPK/S and Ruger LCP. I purchased all the CT lasers on ebay except for the one on the LCP which came with the gun.

Lasermax Guide Rod Lasers.
I like the concept. I can't justify the price.
Are they more novelty?
Do they hinder functionality?

Have you bought one?
How long have you had it?
What's their effective (visible) range?
How long do the batteries last?
Any problems or flaws found?
Would you buy another?

Given your personal experience, I'd like to know your thoughts on them. :)
This is what the LASER Max looks like on my G23
The co-witnessed red dot is the CrimsonTrace and the other dot ~6" right and 4" high @10' is the LASERMax guide rod. It is on it's way back to LASERMax as we speak to get fixed.

GLOCK23.JPG

So, the Crimson Trace, how do like them in comparison (barring the problem) to the Lasermax?
What's the offset differences, say at, 10yds?
I've been procrastinating about lasers for a couple years now.

How the heck will LM "fix" it? I would think the laser is set in some form of epoxy inside the guide rod.

So, the Crimson Trace, how do like them in comparison (barring the problem) to the Lasermax?
What's the offset differences, say at, 10yds?
I've been procrastinating about lasers for a couple years now.

How the heck will LM "fix" it? I would think the laser is set in some form of epoxy inside the guide rod.
Right, good question about the LASERMax. I got the CrimsonTrace at Cabelas in the Bargain Basement.
It's the RailMaster with finger toggles and has elev and windage adjustments. I really like it because I can switch it around on different firearms.
http://www.crimsontrace.com/products/type/rail-master

In case you don't realize, you're educating me. I follow ya.
So essentially, the railmaster can be adjust for the range of the operators choice.

Good to know!
I'd be curious your thought "versus" when you get the other back from LM.

In case you don't realize, you're educating me. I follow ya.
So essentially, the railmaster can be adjust for the range of the operators choice.

Good to know!
I'd be curious your thought "versus" when you get the other back from LM.
Will do. Their customer service was very responsive.
I'll post back to this thread when I get an update.

I had a lasermax guide rod for a little while and it was not reliable for me. I did not buy it new, it came with a pistol I purchased. The switch did not consistently activate the laser, and was not very ergonomically designed.. I think that the lasermax may have been for a different caliber glock originally and was fit into a glock 23 by the previous owner. so thats the disclaimer, a new system for the proper gun may work great, but I wont be buying one in the future.
But it did look great and was fun to show off lol

I've had a LaserMax guide rod laser in a SIG P229 for 2 or 3 years. Love it! And the batteries last a lot longer than I'd expect them to.

I like the fact that "standard" holsters - I lately favor Alien Gear - work as usual. And the pulse on the LaserMax makes it VERY visible.

It (mostly) goes without saying, though - whatever laser you get, don't become dependent upon it. Your regular sights are your friend :)

I'm getting impatient. Where is it? :mad: :rolleyes: (kidding) Seems the norm whenever ordering online, for me. I've always been a "I want it now" type of consumer. Considering what they cost, saving some dough by buying online is a plus. I picked one up for my gen4 G19 for $300/shipped, so, I can wait. I figure it should arrive by Tue/Wed.

Last Edited:
I was thinking you should have gotten it back by now, or next week?
Shooting at a dueling tree that has 3-4" targets, at 18-20yds, yesterday, was anything but consistent. So I went ahead and ordered the LaserMax to help me get better sight placement. The laser, from that distance may or may not help

Kidding here. When I get bored shooting steel, I can use the laser to "play" with the neighboring cats :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top