JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey,
I'm thinking about buying a laser sight for my pistol. I am deciding between
the CrimsonTrace and the LaserMax.

The Crimson laser replaces the grip on the pistol. The internal LaserMax
replaces the guide rod of the pistol. Does anyone have one of these and does
anyone have an opinion as to which is best?

I'd like to adjust the laser so that the bullet impact and the laser dot are the
same. The Crimson Trace has a screw adjustment for accuracy. Is there any way
to adjust the accuracy of the LaserMax?

Lasermax is not adjustable. Had one for years now on a Glock and it has been perfect. It is very accurate. A buddy has the CT on a J-frame...I don't care for the grip feel of CT. Also, his wouldn't keep zero very weel, but dunno if that was installation issues or bad shootin'. He also ended up sending it back after over-adjusting it.

The Crimson Trace has a very positive switch that comes on just by grasping the gun instinctively. The Lazermax requires a separate step to activate it, by touching the slide stop lever---and this mechanical part can fail. Also, with the Lazermax barrel heat might be an issue; certainly the batteries would age faster with heat. The Crimson Trace batteries seem to be immortal, and there is a spare set waiting right within the grips........................elsullo :s0155:

I have several handguns with Crimson Trace grips, and I shoot a lot. They have been super! They are a great training aids for instinct and point shooting. Great practice at home with no need for live fire...a plus. Good shooting, Gary

can't adjust the lasermax and yeah some have fired thousands of rounds...that's nice...but I am not gonna change a MAJOR part of a firearm with a lasermax.....that part fails.......your gun is toast...

Lasergrips are adjustable.....and also for many of my applications....I use them with a can and it runs fine and clears the suppressor tube easily...

Also they are made in Wilsonville Oregon....

Batteries are free for life....

I found that for range shooting, the CT lasergrips really affected groupsize. I was all over the place. You tend to forget about the sight picture when there's a bright red dot to look at.
I took mine off and sold them - my natural muscle memory makes for faster target acquisition and follow up shots and is more accurate for me, personally.

I say if you don't get to the range a whole lot and are not practicing often a lasersight is a good tool, provided you at least check zero often.

I have several Lasermax products and found them to be high quality. If they had the guide rod option for my M&P I would buy it in a heat beat. The CT grip is a good product but adds a bit to the grip and has has varried result. Some of that might be to installation issues. Takes some effort to tune it in where a laser in your guide rod as at that point from the start.

My grip(large) seems to be able to block the CT lazer at times, specially w/ gloves.
Also: The guide rod lazer function doesn't have anything to do with the guide rod. Failure would have no effect on operation of the pistol; you'd just have to use your sights!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top