JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just imagine the barrel life (or lack thereof) doing full auto with 22-250.
That's the story!

upload_2017-9-27_17-12-6.jpeg

Just imagine the barrel life (or lack thereof) doing full auto with 22-250.
My choice would have been a .243 but Only if someone could have come up with a good reason. To date, that hasn't happened and the .308 is still my first choice for a combat arm. The M-14 or an AR-10 but I've never seen a good reason for the AR-10 since the M-14 can be made Full Automatic.

It wasn't the caliber, it was some dumbasses that switched the powder and made BS claims the M16 did not require lubrication or maintenance.
It was McNamara's streamlining of government spending that doomed the M16.
It was SUPPOSED to have a chrome lined chamber, but he couldn't understand the need, so he had that process removed to make the guns cheaper to buy and suddenly its a Stove Pipin', Fail-2-Chamber pain in the back side.
I've talked to a lot of GI's over the years that didn't have one nice thing to say about Robert McNamara.

Last Edited:
Sorry for the delay in my reply. I'm nursing a foot injury that has been going on for more than 16 months!

Exactly, look at what happened in 'nam, man. lol
I saw many cases where the .223 Simply resulted in through and through injuries. Shortly before leaving I had a ride in an AH-1 Corba Gunship of course, this was supposed to be a simple ride along but turned into a Fire Support mission. A Marine Corp detachment was being relieved by a Green Beanie detachment and Charlie wasn't happy. Charlie was popping up within about 40-60 meters of the Camp. A GB would fire off a burst and more than once Charlie might go down and I witnessed several times Charlie take a hit and keep on firing. When the Marines fired Charlie almost always stayed down. Needless to say the Marines had retained their M-14s. As the Division Smallarms Inspector for the 1st Calvary I had been able to support the few Marines still In-Country with a number of things. This was my first opportunity to provide them with direct fire support and I was impressed. Not that the GBs weren't skillful Shooters it's just my opinion from what I saw that they were under armed. I believe a number of the GBs elected to obtain M-14s and I was always willing to help them.:):):)

Personally, I have only owns one AR-15 and I did that to help out a friend. Actually, it was more of a "Loan" than a purchase. He chose Not to redeem the AR and when I sold it I chose to split the profits with my friend. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top