JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would guess that much of the time wasn't spent on ruling, but rather on investigating to make sure that they had all the facts in the case. After all, you can't just take someone's word for it when they kill someone only to find out later that there were facts that were not disclosed or that they lied about the circumstances.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...al-dorena-shooting-legally-justified.html.csp
"A 70-year-old Dorena man acted legally when he shot and killed a friend who had become violent after drinking alcohol, Lane County prosecutors have ruled.

Prosecutors said they decided against charging Jerry Dale Risener after concluding that they could not prove that he had committed a crime when he fatally shot 49-year-old Mitchell Demopoulos in the chest on Jan. 15.

-disregarded Risener's order to stop strangling the woman before being shot"

I thought this case was interesting in the fact that the Strangler was unarmed and they All had been drinking.
It was in the shooters Home so I guess being intoxicated using a gun is O.K. in self defense or defending others if you can get to a gun in your home.
Outside the home and being intoxicated is a bad Idea and illegal I believe as well.

I thought this case was interesting in the fact that the Strangler was unarmed and they All had been drinking.
It was in the shooters Home so I guess being intoxicated using a gun is O.K. in self defense or defending others if you can get to a gun in your home.
Outside the home and being intoxicated is a bad Idea and illegal I believe as well.

If I am drunk out doors or not and you find a need to put your hands around my wife or child's neck you will never live to find out if it was a bad Idea, legal or not. Oh and I won't forget to give you a warning at some point.
Silver Hand

If I am drunk out doors or not and you find a need to put your hands around my wife or child's neck you will never live to find out if it was a bad Idea, legal or not. Oh and I won't forget to give you a warning at some point.
Silver Hand
Agreed, but carrying drunk off your Property gets you a felony or misdemeanor right??, Not sure. I guess if you while drunk grabbed the Stranglers gun in a bar and shot to protect life then they couldn't fault you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top