Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lane County CHL

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by boarder4life81, Mar 3, 2014.

1. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

So 2 years ago, when I got my CHL, all I had to do was fill/printout the online application and bring it with the proper documentation (and money) to the LCSO. No appointment necessary, took a whole 30min. out of my day. Last year they went to a scheduled appointment process for new applicants. Haven't heard any word on how well (or not) that's going. Now they are moving to scheduling appointments for the renewal process (LCSO to Stop Mailing Concealed Handgun License Renewal Notices - Lane Today). Upon investigating it appears Sheriff Turner is only allowing 2 renewal appointments a month (http://www.lanecounty.org/Departments/Sheriff/Office/Pages/ConcealedHandgunLicensingSignUp.aspx). Seems a little shady to me.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You need to go back to the site and learn how to use it. I just went there and there are 5 renewal appointments available Thursday the 6th, 9 on Friday 7 the following Monday the 10th. In fact the majority of days this month have 9 appointments available a day.

So I don't know where your getting your info.

click on a date on the calendar on the link you offered and pick a time.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I saw lots of days that were available,, but I am glad you posted this, because I didn't realize that they are not sending out renewal notices... so..... thnxs.....

4. wcarroll19

wcarroll19 springfield New Member

I also saw many appointments available for renewals. I have waited over 2 hours before, not knowing if my number was going to be called. This system with new appointments in the morning and renewals in the afternoon seems to be a step in the right direction, less parking hassles, not donating a half or full day for a 20 minute appointment, quick and easy for all concerned.

5. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

Finally had a chance to go back and look again. I see where I went wrong. I was scrolling through the months like I do on my planner, thinking each month shown was representing the schedule for the 3rd of each month.

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

It happens to the best of us, even Mark W. ;)