JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So 2 years ago, when I got my CHL, all I had to do was fill/printout the online application and bring it with the proper documentation (and money) to the LCSO. No appointment necessary, took a whole 30min. out of my day. Last year they went to a scheduled appointment process for new applicants. Haven't heard any word on how well (or not) that's going. Now they are moving to scheduling appointments for the renewal process ( <broken link removed> ). Upon investigating it appears Sheriff Turner is only allowing 2 renewal appointments a month ( <broken link removed> ). Seems a little shady to me.

Last Edited:
You need to go back to the site and learn how to use it. I just went there and there are 5 renewal appointments available Thursday the 6th, 9 on Friday 7 the following Monday the 10th. In fact the majority of days this month have 9 appointments available a day.

So I don't know where your getting your info.

click on a date on the calendar on the link you offered and pick a time.

Last Edited:
So 2 years ago, when I got my CHL, all I had to do was fill/printout the online application and bring it with the proper documentation (and money) to the LCSO. No appointment necessary, took a whole 30min. out of my day. Last year they went to a scheduled appointment process for new applicants. Haven't heard any word on how well (or not) that's going. Now they are moving to scheduling appointments for the renewal process ( <broken link removed> ). Upon investigating it appears Sheriff Turner is only allowing 2 renewal appointments a month ( <broken link removed> ). Seems a little shady to me.

I saw lots of days that were available,, but I am glad you posted this, because I didn't realize that they are not sending out renewal notices... so..... thnxs.....

I also saw many appointments available for renewals. I have waited over 2 hours before, not knowing if my number was going to be called. This system with new appointments in the morning and renewals in the afternoon seems to be a step in the right direction, less parking hassles, not donating a half or full day for a 20 minute appointment, quick and easy for all concerned.

Finally had a chance to go back and look again. I see where I went wrong. I was scrolling through the months like I do on my planner, thinking each month shown was representing the schedule for the 3rd of each month.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top