JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So 2 years ago, when I got my CHL, all I had to do was fill/printout the online application and bring it with the proper documentation (and money) to the LCSO. No appointment necessary, took a whole 30min. out of my day. Last year they went to a scheduled appointment process for new applicants. Haven't heard any word on how well (or not) that's going. Now they are moving to scheduling appointments for the renewal process ( <broken link removed> ). Upon investigating it appears Sheriff Turner is only allowing 2 renewal appointments a month ( <broken link removed> ). Seems a little shady to me.

Last Edited:
You need to go back to the site and learn how to use it. I just went there and there are 5 renewal appointments available Thursday the 6th, 9 on Friday 7 the following Monday the 10th. In fact the majority of days this month have 9 appointments available a day.

So I don't know where your getting your info.

click on a date on the calendar on the link you offered and pick a time.

Last Edited:
So 2 years ago, when I got my CHL, all I had to do was fill/printout the online application and bring it with the proper documentation (and money) to the LCSO. No appointment necessary, took a whole 30min. out of my day. Last year they went to a scheduled appointment process for new applicants. Haven't heard any word on how well (or not) that's going. Now they are moving to scheduling appointments for the renewal process ( <broken link removed> ). Upon investigating it appears Sheriff Turner is only allowing 2 renewal appointments a month ( <broken link removed> ). Seems a little shady to me.

I saw lots of days that were available,, but I am glad you posted this, because I didn't realize that they are not sending out renewal notices... so..... thnxs.....

I also saw many appointments available for renewals. I have waited over 2 hours before, not knowing if my number was going to be called. This system with new appointments in the morning and renewals in the afternoon seems to be a step in the right direction, less parking hassles, not donating a half or full day for a 20 minute appointment, quick and easy for all concerned.

Finally had a chance to go back and look again. I see where I went wrong. I was scrolling through the months like I do on my planner, thinking each month shown was representing the schedule for the 3rd of each month.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top