JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to hire someone to deliver (Kent,98042) and spread 25-30 yards of topsoil in my backyard after entire septic system replacement. I've had 5 contractors already come and look….bid high, or included service that I don't need….. had one never showed up after handshake approval; another never submit bid in writing. I believe it's the time for cherry-picking landscaping jobs….. I just can't/won't move that much dirt myself or with friends. Simple referral. It's no desirable but Geeze I'm not cheap….. just want dirt spread out…… it's not worth $6500.00 though.

Last Edited:
Good stuff. I'd love to but truck access to back is limited. Thank you
That sounds like a large part of the high prices you are getting then. If they can't get to where they are going to dump it you get into a LOT of labor to move it and spread it. That damn thing spreading the dirt was one hell of a cool idea though. Looks like a hell of a time and labor saver for places the can get too.

No one has to read this, I'm just sharing. What's cool is at the range today….. I found out that the young man I've been kinda coaching AR basics (a landscaper) past couple weeks (very new to shooting…. Brand new rifle…. Ignorant but brave and humble enough to ask for help) …I've never claimed to a single person ever that I'm great at anything, let alone shooting. I learn every day. This man. Is willing to bring his crew to do the labor on a cash job. He says he's grateful enough for the simple tips and knowledge I've shared with him; to make time to help. I still can't believe it…but after sending pictures he's still swears he'd help. I didn't really feel like I was performing such a kindness to him with shooting….. but I'm being told (wife,father in-law) otherwise. I always it felt like it's responsibility to keep the range safe and enjoyable. He sent a long text really thanking me for my time. I'm trying to understand it. I see enough idgiots at the range and it's refreshing to see sincere interest in learning anything. I'm happy for him, Or anyone that wants to do better at something fun or necessary. Anyway my problem with muddy dog prints and kid prints in the house may soon be coming to an end.
Thank you for your thoughts on the options available for the yard. And I'll just set this here.

No one has to read this, I'm just sharing. What's cool is at the range today….. I found out that the young man I've been kinda coaching AR basics (a landscaper) past couple weeks (very new to shooting…. Brand new rifle…. Ignorant but brave and humble enough to ask for help) …I've never claimed to a single person ever that I'm great at anything, let alone shooting. I learn every day. This man. Is willing to bring his crew to do the labor on a cash job. He says he's grateful enough for the simple tips and knowledge I've shared with him; to make time to help. I still can't believe it…but after sending pictures he's still swears he'd help. I didn't really feel like I was performing such a kindness to him with shooting….. but I'm being told (wife,father in-law) otherwise. I always it felt like it's responsibility to keep the range safe and enjoyable. He sent a long text really thanking me for my time. I'm trying to understand it. I see enough idgiots at the range and it's refreshing to see sincere interest in learning anything. I'm happy for him, Or anyone that wants to do better at something fun or necessary. Anyway my problem with muddy dog prints and kid prints in the house may soon be coming to an end.
Thank you for your thoughts on the options available for the yard. And I'll just set this here.
Or just rent a skidsteer and do it yourself as long as ur soil isnt to soft

Or just rent a skidsteer and do it yourself as long as ur soil isnt to soft
I thought about it…..$450 a day…… never ran one but not afraid; just the learning curve…… then I'd have to rake it all out…..then rake in seed. Cry cry cry cry….I was just getting bids to avoid that and got frustrated with the response I was getting. If I was contracting my Refer work out… I'd have better NOs' than that. At least one was understandable… really don't want to do it:::: over bid:::::way over bid.

35 yards of dirt moved and leveled over holiday weekend camp site canceled our reservation (one reason why I haven't used a pay site in 22 years)….. 1 wheelbarrow 2 shovels and a good wife….. she worked more than I would if I was sick too. $900 worth of lawn mix… 3-4 hours a day over 4 days. Still able to move fine…. Considering I haven't done this kind of work in years. Just kinda proud of our first house.

10AAC2EF-8072-4227-8C82-122756B02ED6.jpeg 42E12533-6943-41ED-80F0-170E35705F35.jpeg 4107F7F1-135B-40DB-A19F-0528C0C1C260.jpeg C30F9296-C3FE-4505-8ABF-CEC48B77D227.jpeg D8B91503-20AF-4257-9567-6258C21ADC34.jpeg DC40CE42-CA22-41D9-B3DF-73E0426E863B.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top