JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tha's right folks. There is a braniac state legislator from my home state of Wyoming that feels when society collapses the land locked Equality state will need an aircraft carrier. As Yellowstone Lake is the lagest lake I know of I have no idea if a helicopter carrier could do a 360* let alone a big boat like a Nimitz class carrier like the Stennis. I guess the HUGE communities of West Yellowstone, MT, Cody, WY, and Jackson, WY will have to step it up a bit and learn to build big metal floaty things with flat tops.

Should Wyoming Build an Aircraft Carrier? (Updated) | Mother Jones

Tha's right folks. There is a braniac state legislator from my home state of Wyoming that feels when society collapses the land locked Equality state will need an aircraft carrier. As Yellowstone Lake is the lagest lake I know of I have no idea if a helicopter carrier could do a 360* let alone a big boat like a Nimitz class carrier like the Stennis. I guess the HUGE communities of West Yellowstone, MT, Cody, WY, and Jackson, WY will have to step it up a bit and learn to build big metal floaty things with flat tops.

Should Wyoming Build an Aircraft Carrier? (Updated) | Mother Jones

It would of been placed in the pacific as a state interest in respect to a later date following a collapse. The state would of probably leased it to the department of defense until it was actually needed. Thats my guess. Look at the USSR prior to its collapse. Many of the states (now Countrys) were preparing with what little they had to secure its current & projected future assets. "The legislatures of the Soviet republics began passing laws undermining the control of the central government and endorsing independence". "This left all fifteen republics of the Soviet Union as independent sovereign states." They still are not that independent. Look at what happened in Georgia not long ago. Russia still claims a great majority of the old land mass from Moscow. I imagine DC would be the same way... God i certainly wouldn't want to be under the way of life lived in DC... :D

It would of been placed in the pacific as a state interest in respect to a later date following a collapse. The state would of probably leased it to the department of defense until it was actually needed. Thats my guess. Look at the USSR prior to its collapse. Many of the states (now Countrys) were preparing with what little they had to secure its current & projected future assets. "The legislatures of the Soviet republics began passing laws undermining the control of the central government and endorsing independence". "This left all fifteen republics of the Soviet Union as independent sovereign states."

Ah .... did you read the linked article? I'm thinking you took it all a bit more seriously than I intended it.

Ah .... did you read the linked article? I'm thinking you took it all a bit more seriously than I intended it.

I read it.. The brilliant Aircraft Carrier idea was scrapped lol. Thats why i said "would of been placed in the pacific" It's no secret that some states are actually talking about implementing some sort of preperation measures for something. Maybe its just hot air but that would be nothing new coming from a Government body...

I just love how the left spews ridicule and mockery like this, and then calls the conservatives hateful, racist and the "party of no."
Who is spewing the vitriol now kev?
When in reality, WY HB85 is about preparation in the event of everything from natural disasters, to currency collapse to failure of the federal gov.
It very much aligns with our discussions in Preparedness & Survival.
But instead of researching the bill further, one of our resident lefties decides it's better to reference a ridiculous article from a devout leftist organization like mother jones.
How hypocritical!

A much better assessment of the bill is presented here:
Doomsday Bill | Government | Crisis | The Daily Caller

If enacted, House Bill 85 would create a "government continuity task force" to study how a variety of crises would affect the state, such as an economic meltdown, a U.S. constitutional crisis, or disruptions in food and energy supplies, according to the bill's text.

The law also suggests looking into providing an "alternative currency" if the U.S. dollar should collapse. <snip>
"This isn't about doomsday," the bill's sponsor, Republican state Rep. David Miller told The Daily Caller. "It is just planning. I don't want people thinking that the federal government is going to be there every step of the way to solve all of their problems."

And while he doesn't anticipate a catastrophic event, Miller points to disasters like hurricane Katrina, which left some Louisiana residents stranded for days, for reasons why local governments should hope for the best &#8212; but prepare for the worst.

"Things can happen fast," he told TheDC. "And if something serious were to happen to Wyoming, I'm not expecting a bunch of Federales to show up and save us."

NWFAers can read the bill here: http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2012/Introduced/HB0085.pdf

Personally, I think it would be great if the controlling interests (and controlling voters) in the state of Oregon had the brains and the foresight to look at our current situation and develop an honest attitude about it.
Like this one:
"I don't think there's anyone in this room today what would come up here and say that this country is in good shape, that the world is stable and in good shape &#8212; because that is clearly not the case," Republican state Rep. Lorraine Quarberg told the Casper Star Tribune on Friday.

"To put your head in the sand and think that nothing bad's going to happen, and that we have no obligation to the citizens of the state of Wyoming to at least have the discussion, is not healthy."

The legislation comes on the heels of a report released by the Bipartisan Policy Center on Friday that indicates the U.S. may hit its $16.4 trillion debt ceiling as early as November &#8212; much sooner than anticipated.

Miller told TheDC that the federal government's out-of-control spending and inability to pass a budget for three straight years also helped inspire the bill.

Bring on the "tin foil hat" flames lefties!

You might as well. You started with ridicule, and that's all you have left.

Such a Lark - everyone knows that Arizona and Nevada have plans for when California and Oregon sink into the OCean.
I thought Wyoming was going to put up signs in case of SHTF - Californians and Oregonians - Do not enter. Leave money at border and return home.

But every state needs a plan as to what to do in case of a major catastrophy - include financial and government

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top