JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The gist is this. The cops are un-happy they put a 4 story apartment for low income / mentally ill folks next door to a cop shop.

Officer got shot at his car, from a "sniper" in that building. But no hole in the officer - took shot in vest.

Anyways back to our usual paranoia - can't happen in CA, how'd a mental health patient under treatment get a gun, etc.

Los Angeles sheriff's deputy shot by sniper from apartment building; Still on loose...

"It's not just a four-story apartment building, it's a four-story apartment building that is government subsidized for mentally ill people," the mayor said. "I mean, let's call it what it is. Why do you put mentally ill people in a four-story apartment building across from the sheriff's department?"

Why do you put mentally ill people in a four-story apartment building across from the sheriff's department?"
Might be the best possible place. Mentally ill create needs for LE, either by upsetting ordinary folk or having problems themselves. More convenient for LE to deal with if right next door and they actually know about it.

I recall once when I was walking my dogs down the railroad track in Corvallis when we came upon a guy collapsed on the gravel near the tracks. One dog ran right up and barked loudly inches from his ear, but he didn't move. I figured he was just a drunk homeless guy who had collapsed from alcohol. But drunk homeless guys can have heart attacks or strokes or diabetic crises. And he certainly didn't choose to collapse on the hard gravel in the hot sun completely exposed like that. So I walked to the nearest house and asked to use their phone, and called 911. Explained it was probably no emergency but etc.

A couple cops arrived within about 5 minutes and walked down tracks with me. As we approached collapsed guy, one said, "Oh, that's xxxx. Yeah, we take him in when this happens. We won't arrest him. But we'll take him in and let him have a bed in the jail. Feed him. Make sure he's okay, and safe at least one night. Thanks for reporting it." They went over to the guy and managed to rouse him, calling him by name. He went off with them willingly. Clearly knew and trusted them.

The gist is this. The cops are un-happy they put a 4 story apartment for low income / mentally ill folks next door to a cop shop.

Officer got shot at his car, from a "sniper" in that building. But no hole in the officer - took shot in vest.

Anyways back to our usual paranoia - can't happen in CA, how'd a mental health patient under treatment get a gun, etc.

Los Angeles sheriff's deputy shot by sniper from apartment building; Still on loose...

"It's not just a four-story apartment building, it's a four-story apartment building that is government subsidized for mentally ill people," the mayor said. "I mean, let's call it what it is. Why do you put mentally ill people in a four-story apartment building across from the sheriff's department?"
To save fuel, you know how many trips to this complex cops are going to have to make. Where should they have built it, next to a grade school?

I'm surprised nobody caught that magically the cops soft body armor stopped a "sniper" round shot from across the street.

This is a BS story. Probably a BB gun. :rolleyes:

I guess by definition it was a sniper. Somebody shooting from cover.

Ugh.. Where is the facepalm when you need a dozen.

Deranged Article said:
Why do you put mentally ill people in a four-story apartment building across from the sheriff's department?"

Why are mentally ill people free to roam the streets? That's the real question.

Yeah! You should have them congregate on 2nd Ave or live under freeway bridges like in Seattle, or give them jobs in the Mayor's office like the voters did in Portland !!

Other than an institution, it seems like the perfect place. Better than across from my house.

Put all government services and buildings except for fire and ambulence right next to eachother, then build a big wall "for their protection" lock the gate and melt the key.

Sounds like the deputy who created this costly false alarm with his outright lie should be INSIDE of the "mental health facility", not outside of it. Wow, I thought that they screened officers better than that.

Pretty low bar for hiring these days if the cop thought the poorly construed evidence he created would pass for a bullet wound.

What a whacko.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads