JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
L.A. councilman pushes handgun lockup measure

A Los Angeles city councilman is pushing hard to get the full council to vote on a proposal to force gun owners in the city to lock up or disable their handguns when not in use, but a police lobbying group wants to exempt former officers so they can react swiftly to threats, the Los Angeles Times is reporting today.

<broken link removed>

Just a thought but when you write an article about every morons opinion it almost gives validity to it. I couldn't give a crap any less what a Scottish entertainer or a low level California politician or Steve from New Jersey thinks.

I think its funny the cops want special privileges for threats, but they aren't saying its important for all people to have access.

(p.s I always click an ad so you can get some revenue.) hope that works.

Last Edited:
I think its funny the cops want special privileges for threats, but they aren't saying its important for all people to have access.
That is known as:
"Job security through total dependency"

Even though if you sue them for failing to protect you after they put you in that position, they'll win by proving they have no legal obligation to protect you.

According to the newspaper, City Councilman Paul Krekorian is spearheading the push to adopt this new lock-up requirement, calling it a strategy to protect children from fatal mishaps.

...but a police lobbying group wants to exempt former officers so they can react swiftly to threats...

I guess cops don't have kids...

Somebody must remember how to access the Mock video out couple years ago where a couple couldn't get the California 911 system to give them access to their locked up guns before being killed by the bad guy... :confused:

I guess LA has solved all the problems they have with things like gangs, schools, the "school to prison pipeline" and traffic.

Time to handle the hard stuff.

News report yesterday that 16% of Californians have had drivers license pulled due to inability to pay court fees related to traffic infractions.. Sounds like a $100.oo ticket can cost 4x that after add on fees and charges and then the cost doubles and multiplies quickly with loss of license and bench warrants being served. Sounds like taxation without representation at it's finest.. Too bad everyone's too stoned to fight it:s0026:

L.A. councilman pushes handgun lockup measure

A Los Angeles city councilman is pushing hard to get the full council to vote on a proposal to force gun owners in the city to lock up or disable their handguns when not in use, but a police lobbying group wants to exempt former officers so they can react swiftly to threats, the Los Angeles Times is reporting today.

<broken link removed>

That L.A. city councilman should be the one & only made to go door to door and enforce his proposal. The gangsta's in LA will give a lesson bout life in LA. The gangsta's make their own laws.

Foreverlost,

Just a thought but when you write an article about every morons opinion it almost gives validity to it. I couldn't give a crap any less what a Scottish entertainer or a low level California politician or Steve from New Jersey thinks.

Know the opposition so you can be properly prepared for the battle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top