JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a new KSG about a year ago. After shooting 50-60 rounds the forend became progressive more difficult to cycle. After disassembly I found my bolt carrier had bent where the long thin arms are welded to the rectangular "plate" that engages the bolt. When this happens the bolt carrier doesn't line up properly with the plastic butt stock rails that usually support the bolt carrier. It finally became so bent it stopped cycling. I could not reassemble the bolt stock and had to return it to KT in 2 pieces with the butt stock off. Excellent customer service from KT keeping me updated re: receipt of KSG, update when service started, finished, and on its way back to me. The ~ week of shipping was longer than in+out of thir shop. Got it back with a nice list of repairs and replacement parts. Cycled it empty and was pleased with how smooth it was. Went to the range and shot 40 rounds and same thing has started to happen again. I'm using 2 3/4" slugs and 00. Same problem where cycling is progressively difficult and again I found the bolt carrier is bending such that it binds on the rails of the butt stock.
Has anyone heard of this before or know why it might be happening? I called KT and I was supposed to hear back from a gunsmith but nothing yet. I do think their service is excellent and I love to shoot this gun! Just looking for suggestions or answers. Thanks in advance.

Got a new KSG about a year ago. After shooting 50-60 rounds the forend became progressive more difficult to cycle. After disassembly I found my bolt carrier had bent where the long thin arms are welded to the rectangular "plate" that engages the bolt. When this happens the bolt carrier doesn't line up properly with the plastic butt stock rails that usually support the bolt carrier. It finally became so bent it stopped cycling. I could not reassemble the bolt stock and had to return it to KT in 2 pieces with the butt stock off. Excellent customer service from KT keeping me updated re: receipt of KSG, update when service started, finished, and on its way back to me. The ~ week of shipping was longer than in+out of thir shop. Got it back with a nice list of repairs and replacement parts. Cycled it empty and was pleased with how smooth it was. Went to the range and shot 40 rounds and same thing has started to happen again. I'm using 2 3/4" slugs and 00. Same problem where cycling is progressively difficult and again I found the bolt carrier is bending such that it binds on the rails of the butt stock.
Has anyone heard of this before or know why it might be happening? I called KT and I was supposed to hear back from a gunsmith but nothing yet. I do think their service is excellent and I love to shoot this gun! Just looking for suggestions or answers. Thanks in advance.
How hard are you racking the slide? The original KSG didn't take much of a beating, but I thought they had addressed that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top