JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

The judge issued an injunction that prohibits use of the property as a shooting range until violations of Kitsap County's zoning code are resolved — including the need for after-the-fact permits that place limits on range activities. The injunction specifically prohibits fully automatic firearms, including machine guns; rifles greater than .30 caliber; exploding targets and cannons; and any shooting before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m.

I do not understand the knee-jerk 30 caliber restriction. I have several rifles that are larger than 30 caliber but are less powerful and far less noisy than a typical 30-06 hunting rifle. I think it is a ploy to drive away membership and make the club close for good.

Ranb

Like my .50 Cal. muzzle loader and 12 gauge shotgun!

These areas should be grandfathered in and zoning around shooting ranges should protect, not infringe upon the activities at the range.

Your shotgun is ok as it is not a rifle. The WA RCW says your muzzle loader is a firearm but not a rifle since it does not fire a fixed cartridge. But my subsonic low powered, low noise, suppressed 38/458/510 caliber rifles are not allowed. Go figure.

Ranb

Although I don't necessarily understand all the issues I found the article to be largely informative rather than the anti-gun pseudo-news/editorial I thought it might be. As best as I can tell it seems to be largely a dispute between parties about what can and can't happen with the land. Personally, I can understand the concerns of the community/county in terms of rounds not landing within the confines of the range as well as the noise issues (I am under the assumption based on the article that the range is in close approximation to a residential area). That said, the caliber issue mentioned by the judge makes me scratch my head. I am guessing the judge probably has a modicum of knowledge at best about caliber, noise, noise suppression, etc. Unless a judge has knowledge similar to a gun enthusiasts or is counseled by a knowledgeable person the decision arrived at in the article isn't to surprising.

(I am under the assumption based on the article that the range is in close approximation to a residential area).

Your assumption is wrong. The residential area is in close proximity to the range.

Why does it matter: The range was there in existence BEFORE the housing development, BEFORE the people bought houses right next to a range.

If you buy a house right next to I5 and then start complaining about the traffic noise, do you think they are going to shut down I5 for you?

George Carlin did a joke... "Let's give the homes near the airport to deaf people!"

Same thing for shooting ranges & race tracks. There is no common sense anymore. If you buy a house next to a shooting range, STFU about the noise. Otherwise, you are a complete idiot.

If you buy a house next to a shooting range, STFU about the noise. Otherwise, you are a complete idiot.

I'm beginning to think the majority of the population are complete idiots. In Bellingham people who live near the airport are complaining about the increase in flights and noise coming from there. Yeah, never guessed that would happen.

Unless a judge has knowledge similar to a gun enthusiasts or is counseled by a knowledgeable person the decision arrived at in the article isn't to surprising.
The Kitsap Sun has generally been fair in its reporting on the lawsuit.

The judge is mostly likely getting advice from a person who wants the range to shut down for good.

Ranb

This would be a big setback for the firearms community.

KRRC's views on firearms is the best I have ever seen. They are huge supporters of firearms rights.

"If its legal, and you can shoot it safely, its welcome here. Machine guns, bazookas, whatever."

I wish every range in the country held KRRC's values.

Your assumption is wrong. The residential area is in close proximity to the range.

Why does it matter: The range was there in existence BEFORE the housing development, BEFORE the people bought houses right next to a range.

If you buy a house right next to I5 and then start complaining about the traffic noise, do you think they are going to shut down I5 for you?

There used to be a motorcycle race track out by Sunnyside in Portland. Same deal: track was running for many years, people built homes near it, complained about the noise and got it shut down. It was my favorite track to race on outside of Castle Rock which got shut down by MT St. Helen's eruption and the mud flows.

Notwithstanding the political debate over who was here first (which, in my opinion, is
a simplistic argument and not an absolute defense), I've been intrigued with the legal
arguments that KRRC may have expanded its use of the property over and above what
it was originally zoned for. Lot of reading, and much to understand about this, that's
for sure.

Another consequence of you guys approving Democrats on that state legislature and Senate.

As Much as I despise Republicans on a a national level, there is no way on Hell a gun owner can approve a legislator on that that e level from the Democrats.

When we first moved into our house, we didn't realize we were about a mile from an outdoor gun range. I must admit that sometimes the noise can be quite infuriating...why do all those other people get to have all the fun while I am stuck at home?!

When we first moved into our house, we didn't realize we were about a mile from an outdoor gun range. I must admit that sometimes the noise can be quite infuriating...why do all those other people get to have all the fun while I am stuck at home?!

Because you didn't buy a membership and have a large enough stockpile of practice ammo? :s0112:

Guys,

I am a Liberal compared to most on this forum. I despise the national GOP more than words can express. -BUT

BUT

If you vote Democrat on a state level, this is what you can expect.

The GOP on a national level represents little of what matters on a state level. This is once again, the Democrats, voted in by moonbat liberals and "If there's D by the name it must be good" King County residents screwing the rest of the state on fundamental issues with broad state-wide support.

NO ONE is going to make abortion a crime in WA. -I don't care what their party affiliation is. No one is going to bring in Jim Crow laws. No one is going to do any of the things you guys to the left of me are so worried about because the constituent support isn't there.

But the GOP will stand up for gun rights on a state level, and the Dems can be counted on as going against.

Vote Smart. Vote GOP on a state level and whatever you want on the federal. They are NOT, NOT, NOT the same thing on a state and federal level. We can't get a anti-gang bill passed because the moonbat liberals can't get it through their heads that a crime rate that's 3 times that of Seattle is a serious problem. If these idiots were forced to live in my town on the "bad" part of town for three months they'd be in pants-pooping hysteria in their rush to approve this bill. But no, in thier safe little upper-income communities they can't grasp that anti-crime doesn't mean anti-minority.
wners and for anyone that thinks crime shouldn't pay. That's true as all Hell on the state level. And the National GO
This is what happens when you elect Democrats on the state level. And while I'm all for seeing marriage equality, that's 5% of the population at most. Meanwhile here on the east side, we're inundated with crime and can't catch a break from our DEMOCRAT legislature.

Democrats SUCK for gun oP can go to Hell for all their insanity. IT'S NOT THE SAME THING FOR US.

When I was working on the silencer use bill, the only legislators that told me they would not support were Republicans. THE SBS/SBR bll (2099) is sponsored mostly by Democrats. The individual matters more than the party in this state.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads